By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

Grrr.... so much for letting trangentspree explain himself without suggesting responses to him.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
trangentspree said:

Things I can tell you whilst trying to avoid revealing too much about myself

Also, I think you completely failed at this and are now probably a vanilla townie, unless you are lying, in which case you are still scum.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

supermario128 said:
^^I mean since Link is gone from being lynched you can't win.... >_<

And I think it would be impossible for you to kill anyone besides Link, if you had similar roles.

"In one sense I'm similair to Captain Falcon - except that for me it is more difficult to win. (But I do win with the town.)"

Link and I were not identical.

dsister44 said:

1.  Might have to go Jane Doe on his ass

2&3. Two pro-town roles with night kills?

My thoughts.

I targeted trucks.

Mafia thought trucks would get investigated

Mario switched trucks with someone they would know appear innocent.

plan backfired.

That's my stance right now

Your stance is wrong. It HAS to be one of the 3 Trucks mentioned. I'm almost certain....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

trangentspree said:

"In one sense I'm similair to Captain Falcon - except that for me it is more difficult to win. (But I do win with the town.)"

I find it hard to believe that you would "win with the town" when you were going against Link.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:

Your stance is wrong. It HAS to be one of the 3 Trucks mentioned. I'm almost certain....

Obviously. I hardly expected you to like my stance.

But if that's the best you can come up with then my eventual vote won't feel so bad

@truck and theRepublic

I knew because of my ability.

I'm cautious about saying too much and overstepping myself here. I don't agree with theRepublic that I have already done so, and I find it interesting that he suggests that I might have.

supermario128 said:
trangentspree said:

I find it hard to believe that you would "win with the town" when you were going against Link.

Link won on his own terms. He had a single mission.

theRepublic said:
trangentspree said:
Things I can tell you whilst trying to avoid revealing too much about myself

Also, I think you completely failed at this and are now probably a vanilla townie, unless you are lying, in which case you are still scum.

I agree. 
"This game seems to have been designed to put Link and I in direct competition - read the OP with his PM - he was a lone-ranger, won on his own terms"

This was way too specific a claim.  There is exactly one person Link was in direct competition with, and it's Ganondorf.  So if you really are him, spill the beans.  HOW EXACTLY did you know about him, and how exactly do you know about SFB? 

While you're at it, tell us everything there is to know about your role.  Because the cat is well and truly out of the bag. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

trangentspree said:
supermario128 said:
trangentspree said:

Link won on his own terms. He had a single mission.

Wow, I just double checked the role in the OP and it's true:  it doesn't say Link wins with the town, or even wants to lynch anyone in particular.  If anything, it reads as if he just votes to get the day over with in order to have another whack at Ganondorf! 

But I repeat:  You said too much when you directly stated that Link was in competition with YOU.  You are done.  Fess up.  Give us all the details and I may well be swayed to unvote you. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!