By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Will Look Identical On PS3 & 360

Squilliam said:
kibebr said:
Smart Move, letting PS3 version be better would cause less sales on X360!

It doesn't matter because the smart PS3 owners who give a crap about visuals are playing it on PC, the smart PS3 owners who don't care are playing it on the PS3 and then theres you posting on a forum.

Thats exact... that´s why I play on my Wii with my son and play Fallout3 on my notebook and play MW2 on PS3... I want the eazy way, not the best video experience one... I wanna fun fun funfunfunfufnfunnfuf :)

And also, I was kidding ont hat post :P

You know I love you Squillian! >:

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network
selnor said:
Thats awesome. Crysis 2 is both 360 and PS3 exclusive in terms of development. 2 different teams pushing the boxes to the max.

Now noone here in this forum can say Crysis 2 can never be the best graphics because it's multiplat.

If anyone was trying hard to get more out of 360 or PS3 I would hope it was Crytek.

If I'm not mistaken, there was no lead platform for Modern Warfare 2 either. So no, I still think we will see better looking games than Crysis 2 on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Crysis 2 graphics talk...boooring! Make game more fun then we can talk...

disolitude said:

I don't get statements like this.  And this applies to every single topic about graphics where people barge in and say "but what about the gameplay?"  What about the gameplay?  Who cares in this thread, we are discussing the graphics, if you don't want to talk about it, don't post.

It is just as off topic as someone going into a thread about a new gameplay element and saying "Cool gameplay, but the graphics suck."

EDIT:  And I'm not trying to pick on you disolitude and I'm pretty sure you were being a bit sarcastic, I'm just tired of everyone bringing up the "gameplay" element in topics discussing graphics.

bobobologna said:
disolitude said:

I don't get statements like this.  And this applies to every single topic about graphics where people barge in and say "but what about the gameplay?"  What about the gameplay?  Who cares in this thread, we are discussing the graphics, if you don't want to talk about it, don't post.

It is just as off topic as someone going into a thread about a new gameplay element and saying "Cool gameplay, but the graphics suck."

EDIT:  And I'm not trying to pick on you disolitude, I'm just tired of everyone bringing up the "gameplay" element in topics discussing graphics.

Well if Crysis was an ugly game to begin with maybe this would be good news worth discussing. All I am saying, with Crysis specifically...they need better gameplay. Graphics were never the problem for that game.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Well if Crysis was an ugly game to begin with maybe this would be good news worth discussing. All I am saying, with Crysis specifically...they need better gameplay. Graphics were never the problem for that game.

My point is that this isn't the place to talk about it.  But I'm done derailing this thread.

OT:  Good news, but I'll believe it when I see it.

"The powerful thing about CryENGINE 3 is that it’s scalable, and it’s scalable for platforms. In the end, 360 and PS3 owners will probably get a very identical[ly] experience both visually and technologically."

The word identical is not one that allows degrees. Either 2 or more things are identical or they are not. I guess the word similar, despite having the advantage of being the correct word to use just doesn't sound as good.

I like the idea of competition between developpers for the same game.

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:
Thats awesome. Crysis 2 is both 360 and PS3 exclusive in terms of development. 2 different teams pushing the boxes to the max.

Now noone here in this forum can say Crysis 2 can never be the best graphics because it's multiplat.

If anyone was trying hard to get more out of 360 or PS3 I would hope it was Crytek.

If I'm not mistaken, there was no lead platform for Modern Warfare 2 either. So no, I still think we will see better looking games than Crysis 2 on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Modern Warfare 2 was lead on PC. 360 and PS3 were ports.

Crysis 2 is the first multiplat title where inhouse developers are actually trying to make their console version noticeably better than the other. One week you can see the PS3 dev team laughing " see the cell ". The next week you can see the 360 dev team saying " fools, you fools. Forget the Sony hype look what we can do " etc etc.

I would love to be a fly on the wall. Specialized teams for both consoles with the most talented graphics guys in the world.

Nuff said.

selnor said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

Modern Warfare 2 was lead on PC. 360 and PS3 were ports.

Crysis 2 is the first multiplat title where inhouse developers are actually trying to make their console version noticeably better than the other. One week you can see the PS3 dev team laughing " see the cell ". The next week you can see the 360 dev team saying " fools, you fools. Forget the Sony hype look what we can do " etc etc.

I would love to be a fly on the wall. Specialized teams for both consoles with the most talented graphics guys in the world.

Nuff said.

First time I heard that expression. What does it mean?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!