By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need Advice for College

chenguo4 said:
KylieDog said:
If you want some good advice don't base your future on advice from random people on the internet. Except for me telling you not to.

This.

You have your high school counselors. Why not talk to them, or teachers?

he may not be close to any of his teachers, and if his counselors are anything like mine then he may do better to stay away haha. One counselor was 23 and got knocked up (she was remarkably dull-witted, if you didnt already guess it so we avoided her) and the other was 80something years old and wouldn't really understand anything you said.

whats bad about getting a perspective from here anyway? sure half of the answers may be wrong, and the other half may be unrelated jabber but him hearing peoples opinions on here can't hurt. 

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/st/r/Strofan7/card.png%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network
mtlca66 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:
Student loans are not too hard to get right now but your talking 3 years from now and anything can happen/change by that point! I ended college with about 80,000 in student loan debt but have it paid down to about 25,000 right now, two years after graduating from college! I wouldn't worry too much about affording college right now and more about just keeping your GPA high, well as doing as many extra curricular as you can! If you have to take on student loan debt the interest rates are pretty low (under 3% right now) and you will be able to pay them off pretty quickly after you get your first big job!!

damn son, 55000 paid down in 2 years. wtf is your job lol

man i am on track to pay like 25k in 2 years back pretty soon and i thought i was doing great.  If i didn't set aside a vacation fund every month i could get 30k in 2 years but that is about the best i could do.  55k is pretty amazing.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Dunno about texas, but in georgia, my friends had a scolarship if they had at least 3.0 GPA in high school... but they had to keep the 3.0 in college.

If you have money problems, you have 2 solutions:
State college.
Work hard and actually go to the best school for what you want to do.

So before you concentrate on how to get schollarship, perhaps you should know what you want to study, where is the best place, then work on how to get the scholarship to go there....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO