By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft does away with paperback game manuals

Those eco cases are really ugly, they better not make them slimline -_-

Around the Network
Machina said:
Rofl at the idea that this is for altruistic environmental reasons. Gonna pass on the savings to the consumer eh, Ubisoft? Nah, didn't think so. I like paper manuals, and proper DVD cases thanks.

Lol, because Ubisoft saves a huge amount of money on one copy of a game with this, you should definitely pay those few cents less!

You guys are not taking this seriously enough

Having a quick and convenient reference document for how a game controls is super important

At least a PDF

Khuutra said:

Having a quick and convenient reference document for how a game controls is super important

At least a PDF

I can't remember the last time I looked in a manual to help myself with a problem. I honestly can't.

@ Machina

Right, whatever then...

Good! Who reads paper manuals anyway? waste of paper!

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Khuutra said:

At least a PDF

I can't remember the last time I looked in a manual to help myself with a problem. I honestly can't.

Yes but I don't care if you don't need it, because I do. What about me, Rainbird!? What about my needs!?

Good move. I used to love reading the manual before I read a game but the switch from full color to black and white in most games killed it for me. I never touch them anymore unless I'm playing an RPG.

Khuutra said:
Rainbird said:
Khuutra said:

At least a PDF

Yes but I don't care if you don't need it, because I do. What about me, Rainbird!? What about my needs!?

Gawd, you're so needy!

For all we know, Ubisoft could make this the easiest way to hit something up, ever!

Rainbird said:
Khuutra said:

Gawd, you're so needy!

For all we know, Ubisoft could make this the easiest way to hit something up, ever!

I hope they do! Because that would be best for the customer!

I miss manuals, i mean real manuals with loads of information. Not just "here's how to turn the console on and start the game" 3 page jobs you get is most games now. When I buy a game I often can't wait to get it back to play so I love having a good read... now there's more information on the back of the case.