By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta Creator Wants to Be Forced to Make Star Fox at Gun Point!

You could say Hideki Kamiya is a fan of Nintendo's 3D shooting series.

In a recent interview with GamesTM, Shigeru Miyamoto seemed to express interest in having a new Star Fox game made. If he's really interested, it looks like there's one acclaimed developer ready for the task.

Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya, director of the critically acclaimed Bayonetta and Okami, had quite a bit to say on this matter at his Twitter when a follower pointed out the interview to him yesterday.

First, he Tweeted: "If they had the team that made Star Fox 64 make it..."

He then followed with: "I want Nintendo's staff to come to Platinum, stick guns at us and tell us 'You guys make a new Star Fox.'"

He went on to offer great praise for Star Fox 64, particular for its scenario and the heated battles.

It looks like Kamiya already got midway through development of his own little Star Fox. As a submission for entering Capcom, he offered two ideas. One involved wolves and ended up being the basis for Okami. The other was a 3D shooting game. However, he was so satisfied with Star Fox 64 that he thought there'd be no need to make a 3D shooter

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/04/19/hideki_kamiya_starfox/

Around the Network

I am glad to hear there is interest for a new Star Fox.

That would be awesome if Platinum games were to make a Star Fox game :D. I'd definitely buy it, they're an amazing studio. However, I have a feeling one is already being made.

Yes Nintendo needs some new ideas, make a game based on Star Fox 64 and you got me day one, and let this guys make the game, with Nintendo supervision this is a gold oportunity.

That's the second craziest fetish I've ever heard of.

Around the Network

So all the best flight maneuvers would be in the cut scenes?

Seriously though, just making a game in that vein would kick ass.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Hideki Kamiya is garbage, but yes please Nintendo bring back Star fox.

Meh. Bayonetta's flying/cycle parts don't exactly inspire confidence. :/

Keep it with Q-Games or give it to Treasure imo...

OMG if this happens it would be epic!!

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

d21lewis said:
That's the second craziest fetish I've ever heard of.

... ...  Oh god I have to ask ... What's #1?