By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Rolstoppable is a MAJOR flop on VGChartz - we need to talk about it

Hey guys,

I thought we need to talk about this:

Rol's most recent thread  has had 157 replies in April, according to VGChartz numbers. It was only 2 days on the market (so not for the whole five week period covered), but 157 is not much anyway for such a high profile release that was heavily hyped and advertised. Let's be honest here, this is a MAJOR flop. Not even the typical Rolstoppable legs for troll threads will turn this game into a success.

This could have an impact on other Rolstoppable threads, like Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a MAJOR flop on PS3 - we need to talk about it, coming to VGChartz.

So can we still say Rol threads aren't popular on VGChartz? Let's check VGC numbers:

• FFXIII is a MAJOR flop on 360 - we need to talk about it --> currently at 157 but obviously overtracked. 140 or 135 is probably right. Pitiful replies considering that we are talking about a main series Rolstoppable thread here.

Just for comparison, the Dirtyp2002 version of Dead Space Extraction is a MAJOR flop - we need to talk about it got nearly 200 replies in week one alone.

Around the Network

If I may ask, Whats the peak point of Rolstoppable? also can this be contributed to Market saturation?

I'm just going to consider that latest thread a pet project. People don't realize that while Rol makes other blockbuster threads such as "why the ps3 is blatantly better than the wii", he really only does those for the fanbase. This one was for Rol, himself. It doesn't matter if you read it or not, I salute him for his attempt and I am spurred by his latest comment that the best is yet to come. I can sleep easy knowing that even if he is retired, he will continue to work on his "art".

If I were Rol I'd be proud of you.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

I think this thread is a MINOR flop and we need to talk about it as well.

Tease.

Around the Network

Lol Parody thread.

Rolstoppable is like Nintendo. Yeah, they knock 'em out of the park all the time, but occasionally something like Punch Out slips through the cracks. Rol's last thread is much like that - a thread destined to garner little mainstream attention, but still be quite popular amongst hardcore Rol fans.  And Rol probably new that going into it.

legs aren't that great i agree. ltd prob around 230 posts, not great for a Rol thread. definitly not profitable, i feel bad i loved his earlier projects.

Rol's thread is undertracked. Wait until we get next week's numbers. I suspect you all will be pleasantly surprised.

Its so over tracked I cant believe it