By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ok who here thinks nintendo should make a ps3 for next gen,

stupid thread anyway I got to agree with the comment "why copy a loser" and the next nintendo will or should have better online..............

Around the Network

anyways since I'm not an idiot Id like the next nintendo console to be on the level of the ps4 not ps3 and I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed that witch I'm sure nintendo has the money to do it............

HappySqurriel said:
Squilliam said:

You should know that the price of the GPUs in the laptops is dictated as much by the lack of 40nm TSMC fabrication capacity as it is by the cost of the raw silicon and chip NRE.

When I was talking about cost I wasn’t really focusing on direct manufacturing costs; in a large part because I believe this can be dealt with indirectly. Basically, when you strip away the unnecessary hardware (primarily the LCD monitor and battery), the hardware costs of the remaining components have to be in a similar range to a low cost console in order to cover the manufacturer and retailer profits; and to be able to cover the licensing costs of the operating system.

I understand. I was just saying that the costs of the present ATI DX11 laptops also reflect a scarcity in supply of these components so the effective cost when the market isn't supply constrained would be considerably cheaper than they are at present.

Tease.

Games4Fun said:
Bobbuffalo said:
No. Why copy the losers? Nintendo has doing amazing stuff in gaming to go and being a generic all-in-1 pseudo-PC.

And there's already a MMRPG of Pokemon. Is called REAL LIFE.

But if you make your Pokemon fight in real life you get sent to jail and fined.

<_< XD

I meant that in a MMO..that the idea is that you gather with friends and do stuff. All of that you can do it with real friuends with their DSs and their games..so why bring all that to a virtual setting? besides MMORPGS have very bad stigma right now and I think that's something nintendo would like to avoid by any means.

I am sure Iwata-san is planning a Pokemon MMO... The wii profits are just the revenue to produce it and take the lives of 8-18 year olds everywhere on the planet-

Around the Network
Bobbuffalo said:
Games4Fun said:
Bobbuffalo said:
No. Why copy the losers? Nintendo has doing amazing stuff in gaming to go and being a generic all-in-1 pseudo-PC.

And there's already a MMRPG of Pokemon. Is called REAL LIFE.

But if you make your Pokemon fight in real life you get sent to jail and fined.

<_< XD

I meant that in a MMO..that the idea is that you gather with friends and do stuff. All of that you can do it with real friuends with their DSs and their games..so why bring all that to a virtual setting? besides MMORPGS have very bad stigma right now and I think that's something nintendo would like to avoid by any means.

Lol oh ok

i hope nintendo's next console is at least 4 times more powerfull than the wii, and also has a standard controller more for its game, than a motion controller.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i hope nintendo's next console is at least 4 times more powerfull than the wii, and also has a standard controller more for its game, than a motion controller.

With how successful the Wii has been I wouldn’t expect Nintendo to release their next system with a conventional controller; and I am anticipating Nintendo to continue forward producing new/unusual user interfaces for their consoles. With that said, an earlier interview from Miyamoto makes me think that Nintendo will probably continue with the Wiimote and Nunchuck (along with whatever else they do) and these devices might be "enhanced" (for lack of a better word) to include more of the functionality of a conventional controller.

Essentially, while he didn’t phrase it this way, the interview implied that the Wiimote was purposefully designed with as few of buttons as possible to encourage developers to use motion controls where possible; and that Miyamoto didn’t (necessarily) think that buttons were an obsolete input device, or that future input devices wouldn’t have more buttons than the Wiimote did. (I recognize that I probably butchered what he said, but I’m not looking for the interview ATM).

I just hope there's a Pokemon MMO in the future. That's Day 1 buy.

After how this gen's gone, I don't think anyone will ever be itching to "make a PS3" ever again. Seems about as good an idea as making another N64, or another Xbox, or another WonderSwan, or...