By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guitar Hero Classic for the Wii petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/WiiGH2/petition.html

Petitions have only a little weight in the world, true, but Activision may not even need much convincing to get this game released.

I'm definitely down with the idea.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I'd love to see some earlier Guitar Hero games come to the Wii

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

And playing it on the ps2 is very hard to do.

mM

'tis when you don't have a PS2 leo.

By the way is that you in your avatar? why do you only have one arm?

I don't think I would get it if it was just 1 or 2. I'd need the bundle in order for me to get it.

Around the Network

Problem is, this might hurt virtual sales. The 360 doesn't have Guitar Hero one either, so they make people pay ~$10 for a pack of 3 or 4 songs, usually only 1 of them is any good. Yet they made over a million dollars pure profit from this service, and if they release a classic CD for the Wii they the 360 owners will be upset that they are forced to buy the songs individually and Wii owners can buy the whole CD.

A GH1/2 bundle for Wii would be great. I already have both games for the PS2, but I'd buy it again for Wii (no more than $50) just to be able to get rid of my old guitars, and to play all those songs on the (far superior) Les Paul controller. I'd especially enjoy it if they had co-op versions of the GH1 songs, and also allowed Pro Face-Off.

eab said:
Problem is, this might hurt virtual sales. The 360 doesn't have Guitar Hero one either, so they make people pay ~$10 for a pack of 3 or 4 songs, usually only 1 of them is any good. Yet they made over a million dollars pure profit from this service, and if they release a classic CD for the Wii they the 360 owners will be upset that they are forced to buy the songs individually and Wii owners can buy the whole CD.

I definitely understand that, and I agree that I'd be upset if I was in that position.

However, we need to remember that Activision is in charge now - and they weren't before. It was Harmonix that set up the download system, and Activision had nothing to do with that. So, they really could do whatever they want with it, and previous decisions wouldn't really affect them in the least.

But they'd still probably take that into consideration.

Likely, I see Activision taking Guitar Hero III, then redoing it with Guitar Hero 1/2 content (to use the superior controls and co-op features, but essentially be the Guitar Hero 1/2 games).

If done right, it'll have all the superior quality of GHIII with the same feel, look, and songs of GHI/GHII. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

Bump.

SW-5120-1900-6153

TWRoO said:

'tis when you don't have a PS2 leo.

By the way is that you in your avatar? why do you only have one arm?

The one arm is symbolic of his one track mind. Perhaps not everybody wants to buy controllers for both the PS2 and Wii.