By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What did the PS3 do that the Wii and/or XBox 360 copied?

MS is coping Home. Like buying clothes for your avatar. That was done on Home 1st.

Around the Network

you will know it this fall when 360 slim arrives

Don't think it will be called 360 Slim though...Maybe Light 360 or something...it won't be called slim,that's for sure.

Hmmm this is stupid, usually the least successful copy the successful. To be successfu,l does not make something better quality, just look at McDonalds.

phxprovost said:
realill said:
CGI-Quality said:
PS3 was the first HDMI-ready console. After it's launch, the 360 added the function.

This ^

There is rumor, that 360 going to copy slim model :)

they are not copying the "slim model", all companys do it to reduce costs, sony did not invent manufacturing cost saving

Neither MS or Nintendo made slim versions of their last gen consoles (i.e., xbox and gamecube respectively) whereas Sony did (i.e., ps2).

If MS did it this gen, they'd quite clearly be taking a page out of Sony's book.

Around the Network
scottie said:
Severance said:
richardhutnik said:

I am seeing the Wii getting a controller add on for the Wiimote that looks like the 360.  Outside of that, what else?  Can someone fill me in here?

don't know about you but it actually looks more like the dualshock than the 360's controller.

other than that, i can add some stuff that i rather call inspiration than a "Rip off!" to this thread but i choose not to because there are some people who will take it deeply and personally.

Correlation does not imply causation. The reason the classic controller looks like the dual shock is because they are both SNES pads with analogue sticks added on in the only place you could add them

Edit - stupid typo *brews more coffee*

it's not like nintendo was first either by your definition nintendo COPIED ATARI and therefore they have never innovated.

PS2 Eye Toy = Motion Controls this generation.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

I'd say that PS3 has copied the integrated Harddrive from Xbox, the first Xbox had the internal hard drive so no memory cards were needed to save the games, not sure if PS2 had that though, someone enlighten please?  Xbox has copied Sony after seeing it's popular success in terms of making a console in the first place lol.

The history is written by the Victors.

Sony was first to add the "Home" button on the controller

Play, Create, Share. Just remembered it because of this.

Wait a minute. They haven't copied it. (Well, MS did have some sort of a game creator kit but I've not heard of it since... I don't know, I've only heard of it only once after its announcement.)