By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will the Ps4 have that the Ps3 doesn't?

Tons of avatars...including interactive/custom ones

Around the Network

All games natively 1080p and 60+FPS
Better launch games
All games will have 3D support to some degree

something new, something revolutionary. Who cares, why not wait and see.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

Games need more support from the best companies, like valve for instance

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

phxprovost said:
Jay520 said:

The Ps3 does a lot of stuff already which got me wondering what the Ps4 will actually do better. All I can think of is improved graphics if its possible.

what do you mean "if its possible"? is that some kind of fan boy speak right there?  Of course its possible, even the highest end gamming pc's are only displaying 1/1000000th of where graphics could be at

OT: Given the downward spiral of ps3's feature set, who cares what the ps4 starts with, show me what it has 4 years after its been out

yes it would be easy for next ps4 to hav better graphica and it almost def will but i think games only need to look about 4 or 5 times better than crysis highest setting befor there will be no need to advance interms of graphics. you gota remember the graphics of games can at max reach real life. they cant serpass that as its as much detail as human eyes can handle. the world is 10000000 times more detailed then we can see but we are limeted by our eyes and so will games

Around the Network

ps3 will hav a time matchine :P

Khuutra said:
Motion controls right out of the box.

nooooooooooo.... i really hope not... to have 50% of the launch consoles bundled with it, its acceptable, but as a standard control method i say nooooooooooo

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

It will have a SonyMove+ controller (ie like Move but more accurate and various other improvments such as a speaker) as the only controller in the box. Sixaxis will be supported to almost as high a degree as the classic and gamecube controllers are for the Wii

It will have enough processing power to play 3d games at an acceptable framerate and resolution

it's 2013 now!

Cross Game chat and Livestreaming. Also, not free multiplayer

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018