By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake runs at 720p - Confirmed via Remedy!

Earlier this evening, it was reported on NeoGaf that upcoming Microsoft Xbox 360 exclusive, Alan Wake, was only running at the resolution of 547p -- which will be sub-HD levels. Well, to counter these claims, Remedy has claified the situation with an official statement on the Alan Wake forums.

Community Manager stated: "The game is 720p. Those screenshots are based off footage captured at 960x540 like cocorenut pointed out, of course there will be some downsampling involved.

As has said before Videogameszone and Gamepro both released footage without approval and due to the fact that we don't know how many compressions their videos went through or what process they took it's best not to use those videos as sources."

As of now, the statement from Remedy should be the one to go off. Alan Wake will release on the Xbox 360 in a month and will be one of the biggest releases the system in 2010.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m4d17-Alan-Wake-runs-at-720p--Confirmed-via-Remedy

Around the Network

This should clear things up.

Are we setting the record for Alan Wake threads in a day? Oh well, I suppose they say any kind of publicity is good publicity.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I wonder what one is true O_o. I will go for the developer for now, but if it turns out to be otherwise they're going to get some shit. Not particularly from me, but I can expect some fanboy clashing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

CGI-Quality said:
I sure hope this is the final word. I don't think I've ever seen such controversy over a 360 game before, particularly on VGC.

I am pretty sure Remedy would know what resolution Alan Wake runs at :)

Around the Network

yes i agree, the devs word is the one to follow.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Well let's hope people read this before the shit storm ensues, on the other thread.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Can we lock the other thread now?

coolbeans said:
Lastgengamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
I sure hope this is the final word. I don't think I've ever seen such controversy over a 360 game before, particularly on VGC.

I am pretty sure Remedy would know what resolution Alan Wake runs at :)

I don't know, they responded pretty fast to this speculation so they must be hiding something.

well i highly doubt it. the only minute remote thing i can think of is devs mean it will display in 720p but i doubt it would be that.

if they say its 720p then it must be.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

In other news FF13 on the 360 will be identical to the PS3's version.