By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why the world lost the pleasure of classic music?

I didn't like it when I was younger. It just didn't appeal to me then. I started to appreciate it more towards the end of being a teen. I'm not sure why. Maybe I got more mature?

I still like music I listened to (mainly rock genres) but to be honest, never was that much into music as most people are. I listen to video game music more than regular ones.

Around the Network

Around where I live, the only classical station we had recently closed and has been replaced with another top 40 station. Its sad really, the only time I listened to the radio is when I wanted to hear Classical music, and now we dont have it

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Here in my city at least i think we never played classic music at radio at all... Even Bossa Nova that is another melody heavy genre that is much more popular than european classical in Brazil is pretty rare to be played.

Because we don't have time for it.

While browsing the net, travelling, etc, we can only listen to modern music that is "mentally loud". It oppresses our surroundings, and our thoughts. In this form, classical music doesn't mean anything. It wasn't written to be stronger than the sounds of traffic, or the dialogues of a film.

But nowadays no one has 5 minutes "to waste", to lay back and listen to quiet music that only gives emotions and feelings.

twesterm said:
Because people are stupid.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Because you need a brain to listen to it, a normal guy would find it "boring" since they cant apreciatte the complexity and prefer simple tunes with simple beats that are easy to dance.

You sound like one of those TooL fans.

I was going to explain it, but I think Kasz covered it pretty well.

Lyrics give songs a message and a meaning, and they can evoke emotions that instruments alone can't. Vocal ranges can give a certain energy to a song that wouldn't be there otherwise. It has nothing to do with being stupid (more pretentious crap).

Because its not a Love Song? Or a Dance Song?

Classical music was never unpopular. Keep in mind that most of these compositions are several hundred years old and today still millions all over the world listen to them.

Akvod said:
pastro243 said:
Because you need a brain to listen to it, a normal guy would find it "boring" since they cant apreciatte the complexity and prefer simple tunes with simple beats that are easy to dance.

You sound like one of those TooL fans.

I dont listen to tool, so I dont get what you mean.