By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Install base in Australia and New Zealand, per GfK

Looks like I have to post this again because some people don't read every post.

Nintendo always had a very poor distributor for New Zealand and in 2008 the company, Softprint Interactive, went bankrupt. Nintendo Australia eventually picked up distribution duties but it's still very pathetic there.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I thought VGC Australia numbers were Australia + New Zealand?

yum123 said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Holy crap. I'm sure people mentioned this already but 360 and PS3 both higher than Wii in New Zealand?

New Zealanders don't like Mario I guess...

yip thats cause us kiwis know what real gaming consoles are and real games not some budget crap thats makes millions

Well it seems I like crap then and not a real console!

Former something....

ElGranCabeza said:
I thought VGC Australia numbers were Australia + New Zealand?

I'm pretty sure it's not or else PS2 would be massively undertracked in the region and everything else would be noticeably undertracked.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

daveJ said:
So is new zealand and Finland the only countries where the wii is coming last?

Possibly, though there is a reason for it in New Zealand as Viper has said.

They aren't the only countries it isn't "1st" (ahead of PS3 and 360) though, pretty sure a number of Eastern European countries will have PS3 first, whether the X360 beats Wii I don't know, but Nintendo never had good distribution in Eastern Europe until recently (similar thing to New Zealand)

Back in NES and SNES days Europe was an afterthought to Nintendo, partly because Nintendo is a small company in size, and distributing consoles here would have been hugely expensive, and partly because gaming here was very PC oriented... so the NES was really only sent to Western Europe

Sony came along with the PS1, Sony is a huge company who already had distribution channels to most places so it was easy to launch PS1 in a more widespread fashion, so PS1 was the first viable PC alternative for gamers. Many Eastern European countries have only had easy access to Sony consoles for quite a while.

Around the Network

be nice to New Zealand ppl, it gave us Peter Jackson

Squilliam said:
New Zealand is the only country smart enough to buy more PSPs than DS handhelds!

Make that one of two countries :)

In Poland Nintendo for both Wii+DS counted together is around 10% market share by estimates :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Squilliam said:
New Zealand is the only country smart enough to buy more PSPs than DS handhelds!

Make that one of two countries :)

In Poland Nintendo for both Wii+DS counted together is around 10% market share by estimates :D

Hah, I guess theres Poland too...

Tease.

Viper1 said:
Nintendo always had a very poor distributor for New Zealand and in 2008 the company, Softprint Interactive, went bankrupt. Nintendo Australia eventually picked up distribution duties but it's still very pathetic there.

Indeed I always find the numbers hilarious, I remember Rath talking about it.

LoL at Xbox > Xbox 360 ... Is this for real?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...