By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - anyone wanna make our own top 100 list

seeing as how the new ign top 100 list is crap evidenced by the fact that they put games like ff2, ff7, and goldeneye about  50-70 places further back than they should have been i say if anyone's interested we make our own list of top 100 games (lets say no games after 2006 so that we've had time to let the games true lasting quality sink in). i don't know how to score it and figure it all out reasonably so someone else try to figure it out. but i'll at least put up a bunch of what i think are definite top 100 games to start it off:

NES: Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Tetris, Metroid, Mega Man 2, Final Fantasy

SNES: Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, Zelda:ALttP, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger, Star Fox, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Mega Man X

N64: Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, GoldenEye, Zelda:OoT, Zelda:MM, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie

GC: Zelda:WW, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart: DD, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros Melee, Rogue Squadron 2

Wii: Wii Sports, Zelda:TP

Genesis: Sonic 1, 2, and 3

Saturn: (haven't played saturn but maybe Nights and Panzer Dragoon)

Dreamcast: Shenmue, Virtua Tennis

Playstation: Final Fantasy Tactics, FF7, Metal Gear Solid, probably some other RPGs but i haven't played too many of them

PS2: Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2, again probably some more but i don't have too many ps2 games (but in case you were wondering definitely not any GTA games cuz they are so boring and terrible)

XBOX: Ninja Gaiden, Star Wars: KOTOR, Halo, Halo 2, Half-Life 2

XBOX 360: Gears of War

PS3: nothing.

PC: C&C Red Alert, Star Craft, Warcraft 2, Sim City 2000

Arcade: Ms. Pac Man

And also Tony Hawk 3, whatever system you choose.

Thats 64 games that i'm pretty sure most gamers will agree with are top 100. Anyone else have some games besides these they think are definitely top 100?

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

diablo

wtf simcity????

no halo 3?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wii Sports in the top 100?

I think games have to be highly rated to be in the Top 100.

And Grand Theft Auto boring and terrible?!!

Yup, it's official, your opinions are better than IGN's. Have a cookie.

^lol

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

dude, simcity2000 was amazing. i haven't played halo 3 and i said no games past 2006, and grand theft auto is boring. and i know quite a few people would agree with me, granted most would not. vice city was really fun for a week and then i just couldn't stand it anymore cuz the missions aren't that great and once i stopped playing those it was fun for a little while to just go around caushing mayhem but that got old after a couple days cuz its just the same thing everytime and then the game was boring. i later got gta 3 thinking i might be able to get into that but literally in the first 5 minutes it felt so similar to vice city that i put it down and sold it to a friend for like 8 bucks and i definitely got the better deal there. yeah i know they are super popular but i also think they are the most overrated games ever. i'm not expecting most people to agree with me, but the games really are not that good in my opinion.

and hell yeah wii sports in the top 100, it didn't get rated anything close to how fun it is, if people reviewed it solely on that it woulda got 9's, because its a very simple game but its incredibly fun. anyone who doens't think wii sports is loads of fun is nuts, granted montanahatchet you think i'm nuts for not liking gta, but thats fine cuz i know i'm in the minority there but i also know those games suck, i'm not looking for mindless killing and wandering around doing the same thing over and over i'm looking for games that are fun to play, but thats just me. wii sports may not be deep but it is definitely one of the most fun multiplayer games ever with some of the best replay value. without a doubt its top 100 and i'm sure most people with a wii would agree with that.

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

well byebye hohohohoho

MontanaHatchet said:
Wii Sports in the top 100?

I think games have to be highly rated to be in the Top 100.

And Grand Theft Auto boring and terrible?!!

Yup, it's official, your opinions are better than IGN's. Have a cookie.

well alot of people dont like GTA

Yeah, Wii Sports is the poster child of breaking repetition.

I'm not going to go into great depth, but Grand Theft Auto is revered because of its great depth. And it's fun too. At least 15 million people think so.

But, then again, it's a contest of opinions. It's fine to have yours, but don't insult IGN's choices when you haven't even played the Saturn.

Hoo boy! Is today a fun day or what?

haha, right. clearly i can't question ign putting what is considered one of the best if not THE best fps ever at number 75 and what most people consider two of the best rpgs ever at 50-something and 76. no no, that would be just silly of me, especially since i haven't even played the SATURN of all systems! wow. ya know i've only played the atari jaguar a couple times, i really should just stop talking about games altogether since i haven't played some of the least popular system ever.

and my point about wii sports is that its got tons of replay value and is incredibly fun, those two things are what you look for in a video game. when it comes down to it thats pretty much all that counts, how fun is it and for how long is it fun. with wii sports its a ton in both of those categories. those are things i think gta games have in very small amounts. and honestly i don't think gta's depth has anything to do with it being revered. cuz it doesn't have much depth. you steal cars, kill people, and run away from the cops. you do have a full city to explore, but you only have those three things to do. thats not depth. sorry. better luck next time though.

ilovetogame said:
haha, right. clearly i can't question ign putting what is considered one of the best if not THE best fps ever at number 75 and what most people consider two of the best rpgs ever at 50-something and 76. no no, that would be just silly of me, especially since i haven't even played the SATURN of all systems! wow. ya know i've only played the atari jaguar a couple times, i really should just stop talking about games altogether since i haven't played some of the least popular system ever.

and my point about wii sports is that its got tons of replay value and is incredibly fun, those two things are what you look for in a video game. when it comes down to it thats pretty much all that counts, how fun is it and for how long is it fun. with wii sports its a ton in both of those categories. those are things i think gta games have in very small amounts. and honestly i don't think gta's depth has anything to do with it being revered. cuz it doesn't have much depth. you steal cars, kill people, and run away from the cops. you do have a full city to explore, but you only have those three things to do. thats not depth. sorry. better luck next time though.

well u think u can only do that, same as i say ure opinion is BC, not plausible