By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake - First 10 Minutes!!

rccsetzer said:
And people, let's not forget that Uncharted 2 is not possible on 360 :

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/28/uncharted-2-not-possible-on-360/

LOL of course it is. So if Alan Wake gets best graphics, does that mean AW is not possible on 360?

Uncharted 2 with different coding would perform exactly the same on 360. Reach is shaping up to be one of the most technical games with the most individual AI onscreen at any one time.

thesixthaxis.com. LOL.

Around the Network

@Selnor: Funny how you've been telling everyone to stop trolling, and then start doing so yourself.

The truth is, until we get to see the game for real, with proper resolution (at the very least) everything people assume about its graphical prowess mean nothing.  The game has undeniably good lighting effects, some really nice draw distance, but characters doesn't really cut it compared to most other AAA we've seen recently. And like I said, the textures in the environments look low-res but this might be due to the resolution of the footages we've seen so far... or not.

Although I don't like horror games, this one is looking like quite the experience. The graphics are obviously pristine but does it really matter whether they're the best or not?
It's getting way too serious.

Hynad said:

@Selnor: Funny how you've been telling everyone to stop trolling, and then start doing so yourself.

The truth is, until we get to see the game for real, with proper resolution (at the very least) everything people assume about its graphical prowess mean nothing.  The game has undeniably good lighting effects, some really nice draw distance, but characters doesn't really cut it compared to most other AAA we've seen recently. And like I said, the textures in the environments look low-res but this might be due to the resolution of the footages we've seen so far... or not.

Oh crap. Am I in the Sony forum. Sorry. I meant to post my defenses in the M$ forum. *Sighs*

And to clarify an earlier post of mine, the only reason I was able to tell which parts of Uncharted 2 were video and which parts were gameplay was because I beat the game and viewed the movie viewer. Also, when I played the game with alternate skins, they always changed back into "normal Drake" when a video played.

When I play Alan Wake, I suspect I will be able to do the same.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Hynad said:

Oh crap. Am I in the Sony forum. Sorry. I meant to post my defenses in the M$ forum. *Sighs*

And this advances the conversation... how?

Preach by example, do like you've been asking everyone who disagreed with your views in the last few hours: quit trolling already... ¬_¬

According to Swedish gamereactor and one of the editors that played it claimed the games graphics to be "out dated". Not sure exactly what he meant and im too lazy to find it xD. I just love reading discussions like these lol.

I really doubt graphics will be close to Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2 or God of War 3 level...

Based on the first videos, it's not even close.

That's not my main complain though, more the fact that the game really seems to play like a generic shooter mixed with a Resident Evil / Silent Hill feel which is... nothing new at all actually.

I think I know what gamereactor meant with "outdated", theres something about the face that seems a bit :|. Watch the daylight videos at =
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=107118&page=1

The faces look plastic and the hair feels messed up(MY OPINION). Not the best animations aswell (MY OPINION x2). Environment looks awesome (MY OPINION x3) but the characters in my opinion - not so much. Jacket is spot-on though xDD.

(The thing above is entirely my own opinion based on the VIDEOS :) )

Does beat Gears 2 though which is the best looking X360 in my opinion (Havent played Mass effect 2). But comparing it to Uncharted 2 or GoW3 just doesn't feel fair.

Imo = Powerful xD.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! I want to play it NOW. The second video is even better:
http://www.videogameszone.de/Alan-Wake-Xbox360-109080/Videos/Alan-Wake-fuer-Xbox-360-Zehn-stimmungsvolle-Spielminuten-im-HD-Video-745277/