By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Is apple new evel empire ?

huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
Evil empire? No, i'd say they're more like an evil dictatorship is a moderatly sized country. Kinda like how iraq was.

Besides, there's no such thing as "evil" when it comes to hardware corporations.

If they made iphones from the souls of crying babies, then it would be evil. right now it's more of a status symbol with proprietary dodads and cords. Apple devices are a lot like sony devices, in that both companies often have ways of controlling who does what with their stuff. Memory stick pro duo on sony stuff, no sd card slot on iphones/pods, often having funky cord ends, etc. If you are on their band wagon you can good good products, at the cost of a little extra hassle/ loyalty incentive. Every tiime a customer asks me aobut Sony cameras I have to say that they are good cameras, but you have to buy different (and slightly more exspensive memory cards). It is harder to sell Sony cameras to non-sony users beause you have to convince them that useing a less common card is agood thing and the hassle is worth it. In fact, the new Sony cameras are really exciting. They have sd card slots and MSPD and the prices are more reasonalbe  across the board. The Sony camera division seems to be changing their philosophy and I think we can sell a lot more Sony cameras because of it.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Evil empire? No, i'd say they're more like an evil dictatorship is a moderatly sized country. Kinda like how iraq was.

More or less.