By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft begins hype: Gears of War 3 to "biggest blockbuster" of 2011

The existence of Gears Of War 3 is now out in the open, with a leak followed by the official announcement a few days later. And if hype were the measure of a game’s success, Gears Of War 3 would already be a hit.

As Mike reported, Gears Of War 3 looks set to up the ante, providing even the most experienced campaigners a challenge. And not only has the first video trailer hit the Web, Microsoft is already talking up the game, even though it’s not going to be released for another year.

Impressive stuff, but is it worthy of the pronouncement that, “Gears of War 3 Ignites Anticipation as the Biggest Blockbuster Game of 2011.” Which, according to Play.tm, is how Microsoft titled the press release.

There’s no doubting Gears Of War 3 is a massive release, and likely to form the basis which Microsoft builds its Xbox 360 lineup for 2011 around. But I’m guessing Sony will have several huge titles up its sleeve too. And Nintendo might even chip in aswell.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/04/14/microsoft-begins-hype-gears-of-war-3-to-be-biggest-blockbuster-of-2011/

Around the Network

Well it is no doubt the biggest blockbuster for next year...right now.

Again don't belive it untill you see some LIVE ACTION GAMEPLAY!

"Nintendo might even chip in as well"

Oh no I can't imagine Nintendo releasing the biggest game in that year

That would be unprecedented

While I think it will be kick ass. There is no way it will be better than VS XIII.

Around the Network

They seem confident.

I say MW3 is bigger.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Call of Duty anyone?

Wagram said:
While I think it will be kick ass. There is no way it will be better than VS XIII.

Hell yeah!

MS hyping one of their games? Say what?

Wagram said:

Seeing as you can't compare an RPG to a TPS you can't say. But if you could compare VS XIII better be alot better then FFXIII because Gears is a much better game than FFXIII.