By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Would Killzone 3 Need to Have to Generate Massive Sales?

KILLZONE 3 NEEDS CO OP!!! SPLIT SCREEN WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS WELL!

- Better controls
- Better campaign and environments so that Guerilla can really show off their engine with the diverse environments and colours. That's when people will appreciate more of Killzone's amazing graphics.
- Split Screen Online PLS!!!

Around the Network

4 Player co-op, that way it can be sold on peer pressure. No split screen, don't be stupid. You'd lose Killzones current community if Killzone 3 was released with worse graphics than Killzone 2.

If they switch to the generic controls I doubt I would stay a fan, or even buy it. I happen to love to controls, the weight, and realism. I am tired of arcady. If you don't like the controls stick to halo, or cod.

They need to keep the controls the same as KZ2 so the lame COD kids wont play it

Needs a lot of work. Yeah the multiplayer is considered excellent by many, buthat's options were surprisingly limited imo. It was strictly single plAyer, which blows. I don't even like halo, but whatever game mAkes a valient effort to provide as many options and modes as the halo series imo is headed in the right direction to start selling big. Also, u have to make the gAme appeal to a wider age group. Stop throwing in all the unnecessary (and a lot of times forced) F bombs as in KZ2, and maybe even cut back on the blood a lil (? well maybe not :)) and a larger portion of the younger crowd will (be allowed to) support ur game. Bc for most kids the parents are the ones who have to be convinced, and a lot of parents don't like having their 9 yr old kid hearing the F word more than they have to. I think this is one of the (many) things that helps halo's sales: appeals to all age groups bc its fun to ppl while also staying low on the swearing and violence (especially good that you're killing aliens rather than humans). anyways, Maybe I'm way off, but if were talking how to get sales, then I think these things would be major steps in the right direction.

Around the Network

BLOCKOFTEXTOMG ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everything you mentioned (OP author) + advertising like Halo 3 (very unlikely).

Nonetheless, Killzone 2 is a quality game. Just not happy that it doesn't have co-op and the controls/sluggishness of the game just took me away from multiplayer immediately. However, the single player was pretty good and the graphics were the best until U2 came out.

Good / huge marketing only.  A slow catchy song playing while slowmo gameplay is shown, maybe, with lots and lots of dollars spent to air the commercial.  Marketing effort is one huge difference b/t MS and Sony exclusives.

Miguel_Zorro said:

I'm a huge Killzone 2 fan.  The game sold decently (2.24 million so far) and continues to sell.  With the game receiving Greatest Hits pricing, I have no doubt that it will reach 3 million lifetime units sold.  This is ok, but obviously not in the same league as some of the more massive shooter franchises.

What would Killzone 3 need to have to generate sales of 5-6 million or higher?  These aren't necessarily things I would want, but things that I believe would generate sales:

1. Campaign Co-op mode (2 player co-op, or even 4 player, as in the just announce Gears 3).
  2. Vehicles in multiplayer.  Greater use of vehicles in single player.
  3. A solid party system in multiplayer.
  4. A more developed story in the single player campaign.
  5. Split screen multiplayer

A ton of marketing, some new features, and getting PS3 owners to see it is their Halo, and get behind it in numbers that match Halo on the XBox.  Short of that, not much can be done.  You also have to fight against the like of Call of Duty/Modern Warefare.

Ohh so sales = better game

aaight that means Forza is trash then cause it cant even sell 10m+ like GT games do....face it the brand name has a lot to do with the sales get the fuck over it.