By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does the ps3 emulate a multitap? please help! :)

Hey I have one of the older ps3 models that can emulate ps2 games and I've always wondered is there a way to emulate a multitap?

I have three controllers and would like to play some old ps2 games with some of my buds but all the games will only let me have me and one other person play even though the games are four player. So I was wondering is there a way to emulate a multitap? I figured sony could have easily made it so the ps3 lets any 4 player compatible ps2 games allow up to four players. Am i wrong?

any help would be greatly appreciated XD

Around the Network

Yeah you can do it, once you start the game press the PS button and assign the controllers.

really? that's it? cause I'm pretty sure we've tried that before but I'll give it another go later today when I get home and post the results :) thanks dude!

I hope so, I'll go try in abit when I have time... I bought 2 extra controllers just to play red faction 1/2 and times splitters# in HD with friends when they come over... there is still no HD game that compares imo for split screen fun.

Yeah. The PS3 supports up to 6 controllers (I believe) and it's just simple assigning of the controllers.

You may need to use the usb cable for the ones past player 2. Not permenantly, but just to register it for more than two players.

Around the Network
Evocation said:
I hope so, I'll go try in abit when I have time... I bought 2 extra controllers just to play red faction 1/2 and times splitters# in HD with friends when they come over... there is still no HD game that compares imo for split screen fun.

Yea I love splitscreen...infact I believe thats the one thing thats gone wrong this generation it's getting harder and harder to find games that support it....infact the lack of splitscreen is what ruined resistance 2 for me :( the first one had it but why not the second insomniac ...WHY!!!!!

you can assign up to 7 controllers.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

If you're having trouble there's an explanation in this thread: http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25818875

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
If you're having trouble there's an explanation in this thread: http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25818875

Oh wow that answers everything I was probably not assigning the controlers to 1B it was prbly just 1 haha...thanks alot man! kudos to you I'll give this a try when I get home, I'm pretty sure it must work though.

Everyone who has helped me in this thread gets a cookie and you kyuubi get the cake ;) thanks.

Tridrakious said:
Yeah. The PS3 supports up to 7 controllers (I believe) and it's just simple assigning of the controllers.

Fixed :)