By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the videogame industry is DOMED!

The game industry is fine. It will take more than 2 years for it to fall.

We all know the world ends in 2012 anyway. World = Aisle Boom before Game Industry = Aisle Boom.

Around the Network

... lame thread, especially the "domed" part ...

I'm bored so I'm playing along.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
I'm bored so I'm playing along.

So, which title that has zero post-presales before it is released troubles you the most?  I am finding that Fable 3 hasn't generated any, and I held out hope for ModNation Racer to.  On the Wii side, I think Super Mario Galaxy 2, which has Mario should be of concern.

Ssenkahdavic said:

We all know the world ends in 2012 anyway. World = Aisle Boom before Game Industry = Aisle Boom.

Wait, I think you pointed out a plus side of the videogame industry being in a dome.  The world can fall apart, but the dome shelters it.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Wait, I think you pointed out a plus side of the videogame industry being in a dome.  The world can fall apart, but the dome shelters it.

Biodome?  Or I guess in this case Technodome?

Ssenkahdavic said:
richardhutnik said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Biodome?  Or I guess in this case Technodome?

THUNDERDOME!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_Beyond_Thunderdome

We are talking the end of the world, after all.  The videogame industry is in Thunderdome!

richardhutnik said:
Ajescent said:
Ummm,I disagree on the grounds that escape from the bubble will come when the game/item is released and some mook will probably buy it.

Actually, games are not a way out of the DOME, because all games stay IN the DOME.  Thus, to get out of the DOME, you would have to be able to find something not game related.  And since stuff like Wii Fit, which happens to offer a glimmer of hope of getting out of the DOME are shuned here, it is hard pressed to say there is any way out.  Yes, everyone here and the game industry as a whole is DOMED!

has the game industry considered training an army of moles to carry out their games via tunnel? Imean a few million moles would be all it takes to smuggle a hit game out of the dome. It seem very doable all things considered.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960