By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 14

Sony need to advertise more in the UK. It's quite easy to forget the PS3 even exists here since EVERY game has a Xbox360 ad for it!

There's been little to no hype for God Of War 3 over here that I've notice and I don't think I've seen a single ad for it. I certainly wasn't excited about it or looking to buy it, Heavy Rain had better hype and expectations about it!

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

Around the Network
JimmyRay said:
Sony need to advertise more in the UK. It's quite easy to forget the PS3 even exists here since EVERY game has a Xbox360 ad for it!

There's been little to no hype for God Of War 3 over here that I've notice and I don't think I've seen a single ad for it. I certainly wasn't excited about it or looking to buy it, Heavy Rain had better hype and expectations about it!

You probably don't watch TV often.

GOW3 and Heavy Rain were advertised like crazy on TV here.

A racing game in the UK in an established and quality franchise on a console with a 50% greater user base is outselling a H'n'S game in a quality and established franchise. And this is noteworthy how?

PS3 has 2 million higher userbase in Others than Americas yet GoW III in Others is selling at about 2/3 of Americas. Others is over 5 million 360's behind the Americas yet FM3 in Others is 30% ahead of FM3 in Americas. God of War III is going to sell better that FM3 in Americas with 2/3 the userbase. FM3 is going to sell better in Others than GoW III with a roughly equal userbase. Racing games in general and FM3 in particular are very popular in Others (esp Europe), H'n'S games incl. GoW not so much. That's all you need to know to be able to put GoW III vs. FM3 in context, regardless of the fact that GoW III is only in its 4th week of sales.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
A racing game in the UK in an established and quality franchise on a console with a 50% greater user base is outselling a H'n'S game in a quality and established franchise. And this is noteworthy how?

PS3 has 2 million higher userbase in Others than Americas yet GoW III in Others is selling at about 2/3 of Americas. Others is over 5 million 360's behind the Americas yet FM3 in Others is 30% ahead of FM3 in Americas. God of War III is going to sell better that FM3 in Americas with 2/3 the userbase. FM3 is going to sell better in Others than GoW III with a roughly equal userbase. Racing games in general and FM3 in particular are very popular in Others (esp Europe), H'n'S games incl. GoW not so much. That's all you need to know to be able to put GoW III vs. FM3 in context, regardless of the fact that GoW III is only in its 4th week of sales.

and the cavalry arrives...

Seeing FM3's amazing legs, I seriously can't wait for GT5 to drop and see how it holds in the charts, given the PS3 isn't strong in the UK.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Forza 3 must be heavily bundled in the UK. It's not selling anywhere else.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Forza 3 must be heavily bundled in the UK. It's not selling anywhere else.

That, or word of mouth is doing wonders for the game.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

HR still doing heavily good. :) I think overall PS3 is not well advertised in UK at all.. now is the time to advertise it like no other.. Good price, awesome games and if they get some gr8 ads the sales will start seeing some very positive effect.

Ping_ii said:
awww look god of war still high in france thats 5/6 charts now..........UK = whole earth right?

what's up?,the uk=uk

usa + uk=the whole earth....

the uk does love its just dance and forza,

only BBC2 for the ps3 keeping a top 10 sweep for the wii360 in uk

Above & Beyond

actually BBC2 is at 11,i can't read properly,

top 10 sweep it is then

Above & Beyond