By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Splinter Cell: Conviction 5 Hours LONG!!! NO Thanks!

half life, 15 hours long yes!!!
If you don't like shooter games you can try something else then, 5 hours isn't justifyable for the money

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
epinefridis said:
I've yet to see someone wondering about God of War 3's average being a 9.2 and the game getting a 9.5
But I guess this is a cheap little talk.
Bashing Splinter Cell in every possible way is what matters...

No one is talking about an average, IGN does not do averages in their score...it's about no inidivula score is not being more han 9 and yet the final over all score is 9.3

GOW3 has two 9.5's and the final is 9.3

I suggest you read the posts well before addressing 'cheap talk'

And again, it's IGN! who cares? Their reviews suck anyways

Dude, are you listening to yourself?

IGN does not do averages (true) but you STILL complain about the bloody average.

See why I was talking about cheap talk?

Theres definitly a problem with IGN review of splinter cell. The overall cannot surpass all of your evaluation criterias, its the first time I see a review like that and im surprise nobody at IGN spotted that when reviewing their reviewer (if they do review their reviewer). Since when talking about funny stuff that doesnt make sense is doing cheap talk? I would do the same observation whatever the reviewer or the game being reviewed.

Stop complaining, Heavy Rain almost the sames scores except one .5 less and got a 9. They don't average the scores, if they did for Heavy Rain it would have been an 8.6 and for Splinter Cell an 8.7.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:

Stop complaining, Heavy Rain almost the sames scores except one .5 less and got a 9. They don't average the scores, if they did for Heavy Rain it would have been an 8.6 and for Splinter Cell an 8.7.

Did you took the time to read my complete comments? I know they dont average score I even said it. After reading my comments you should know that trying to lower the score of splinter cell isnt my point at all. My point was that if the reviewer think the game is an overall of 9.3 than he should place one of his evaluation criteria at at least 9.3. Like I already said 2 post ago, not being an average doesnt mean it can surpass your evaluation criterias, this doesnt make sense. The score is fine, the problem is the justification by the reviewer. I took the time to comment on that because for me its so bad that it is funny and it also may be for others. I tought it was an interesting find. But now your trying to turn my IGN review critic into a fanboy argument by bringing the score of Heavy rain on the table. I could also critic the heavy rain review (tough I didnt read it yet) but that wasnt related to this subject. Next week I may as well critic the review of a PS3 game if IGN do the same thing, so you can calm down. Also, note that being critical in a correct manner is not complaining.

I remember the same people saying that Fable 2 was only 8 hours, when they were playing on easy, and just doing the main quest. In reality it was much longer.

Around the Network

Gamespot has a 'final hands on preview' of the game, they claim they have played through the majority of the single- player campaign and say "it will APPARENTLY last up to 12 hours"...the word 'apparently' is interesting here...but maybe IGN rushed through the game?...they´re faster than Gamespot at playing games?

I think the truth lies in the middle and I´d wager it´ll take about 7/8 hours for the average gamer.

M.U.G.E.N said:
epinefridis said:
I've yet to see someone wondering about God of War 3's average being a 9.2 and the game getting a 9.5

No one is talking about an average, IGN does not do averages in their score...it's about no inidivula score is not being more han 9 and yet the final over all score is 9.3

hes complaining about the overall score. before acting like a smart ass go and get some logic.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
epinefridis said:

hes complaining about the overall score. before acting like a smart ass go and get some logic.

I suggest yo utake a few minutes to at least read posts above you and to me it seems the one need some 'logical' thinking here is YOU

At the very start of this thread it was already mentioned that IGN do NOT hve their final score to be the average of their indidivudal scores. It's jsut how it is...

Those who said it is a bit weired, said so because, none of their indidivudal scores for various aspects such as gameplay, graphics etc didn't touch or surpass the final overall score...NONE of it...that is the reason why many said it was a bit weired

So before telling others to stop being a smart ass, start reading properly and try to smarten up a bit yourself please..I know it's the internet but this illogical conversations is rather annoying and childish

And again WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE CARE ABOUT THE IGN SCORE? :S They underrate and over rate games all the damn time :S Just enjoy the game when it comes out (especially if you like MP) that's all

Geez some are acting as IF they are sam fisher themselves or something :D take a chill pill and stop with the BS damage control..it's no even needed here

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

LOL...this is even more reason for me to buy this game...I can complete it in 10 hours, rather than some long 8 billion hours boring JRPG.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I suspect Uncharted 2 will prove to have been a lot better than SC:C, but it was just barely over 5 hours itself.

To clarify, I think games should be a lot longer and maintain the same level of awesomeness (see Mass Effect 2), like they used to. But to not expect these things these days is a bit naive on your part.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS