By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2 impressions. Time Square. Wow. Blows Every game AWAY!

"Cevat retakes the podium and explains that we’re about to see a real time demonstration on a work-in-progress (WIP) Xbox 360 build."

"The level starts with the player very high up in a building, I’d say about 20 stories up. Nomad is given some brief directions by his commander, because it’s hard to pay attention as Nathan pans around from this high vantage point. Crysis 2 on an early 360 development build months away from release is, regardless of platform, flat out the most visually stunning game in history. Period. I cannot adequately describe the richness, depth of detail, and the pure sensation that you are in a Nanosuit 2 bustling about New York City. I had a flashback to the very first time I walked out of the bunker and into the tropical paradise in the first level Far Cry. There aren’t enough superlatives to put his correctly on paper."

"What happens next is the next “oh shit” moment. As the rocket zooms towards Nomad and hits the brick wall in front of him, the bricks correctly hurl towards Nomad partially destroying a correct proportion of the wall. It was not the entire wall or a pre-baked hole. The engine correctly estimated the size of damage from the explosion and rendered it in real time. As the bricks settled and the dust flew up, I couldn’t help but ask myself “did I just see that”? I didn’t care that he was in god-mode and should have died. Amazing."

And here is a comment from the same guy who wrote the article whilst witnessing the game first hand in the forum on the site the article was posted. This will shock MANY people.

"@doom-  C2 360 dev build makes Crysis PC maxed look like Crysis made Far Cry look and it played at a much higher, smoother FPS.  The load time was incredibly long, because the dev build is not optimized but once it got going it was phenomenal."

Original Article

Main Page 3 part article

Around the Network

None think this is good news here?

Personally think it's great news. Consols this gen are being pushed hard. For people sat there watching the 360 dev build to say it makes Crysis 1 look like Crysis 1 made Far Cry look. That is astonishing to me for a console game.

It is Crysis. I doubt anyone expected anything different.

Does not mean I am not excited tho. I cannot wait. Crysis 2 set at Ultra will be amazing.

I dont expect this game to look even as close as good as people are saying it does, im sorry but it hasn't been done with any multiplatform game, and I don't see it being done by crytek, the same company that said CRYSIS LEVEL VISUALS cannot be achieved on a console this generation, and they also said graphics wont even come close to CRYSIS this gen..

so why should i believe them now after releasing a trailer that fails to impress me and many others who have played better looking games specifically on console  than what has been shown on that trailer.

mM

meh, just something about the game that isn't impressive to me personally. From what I've seen it just seems, idk, underwhelming. For some reason i was completely blown away when I first saw Uncharted on an hd tv, blown away, this though? Just another hyper realistic shooter whose only real draw seems to be its engine. Even Red Steel 2 has more going for it then that.

Maybe im just looking for something more at this point

Around the Network

Although I doubt the great hyperbole the author uses to describe how stunning the game looks, I do expect it to be a great looking game on consoles and amongst the best out. The 360 pushing visuals better looking than Crysis maxed on PC seems like an opinion as the author might've liked the urban aesthetic and assets over the jungles. Being more technically impressive than Crysis maxed on the PC is just plain false.

But it's great that Crysis 2 is getting some very positive media attention. I very much enjoyed the first one on my PC and still play it once a week to do some tweaking and toying around.

leo-j said:

I dont expect this game to look even as close as good as people are saying it does, im sorry but it hasn't been done with any multiplatform game, and I don't see it being done by crytek, the same company that said CRYSIS LEVEL VISUALS cannot be achieved on a console this generation, and they also said graphics wont even come close to CRYSIS this gen..

so why should i believe them now after releasing a trailer that fails to impress me and many others who have played better looking games specifically on console  than what has been shown on that trailer.

The impressions are coming from people who are not Crytek.

CVG have said it, now this guy. Other reports will surely follow. All the media that was sat down in that room and shown the live demo on the 360 sound like they were blown away. Just what he describes he saw, trumps anything Ive seen consoles do so far. I love my Uncharted 2, Gears 2 and GOW3. As did all the media. But  the lucky people who saw this gameplay footage are going nuts about.

I cannot wait for Crysis 2. It is gonna really show what these consoles are capable of.  

Well, I won't play crysis 2 (I can't play a shooter on a controller and don't have a powerful enough PC to run it) so I really don't care about this game.

But now I really want it to look "better" in the eyes of the graphic whores (in quotes because, imo there's lots of games that already look better) than the champions Killzone, Uncharted and God Of War III.

Just for the meltdowns!!! They'll be fun to watch!

younghavok said:
meh, just something about the game that isn't impressive to me personally. From what I've seen it just seems, idk, underwhelming. For some reason i was completely blown away when I first saw Uncharted on an hd tv, blown away, this though? Just another hyper realistic shooter whose only real draw seems to be its engine. Even Red Steel 2 has more going for it then that.

Well to be fair they haven't really shown the game to the public. Outside of a few teasers we know very little about the game itself. We have seen tech demos but those aren't a very good measuring stick for what the game will be besides on a graphics/physics front. Did you see the new trailer? It raised my eyebrow in terms of the story and setting; and I've played the first Crysis to death and can fully admit that the story is terrible so that's saying something.

priteshmodi said:
younghavok said:

Well to be fair they haven't really shown the game to the public. Outside of a few teasers we know very little about the game itself. We have seen tech demos but those aren't a very good measuring stick for what the game will be besides on a graphics/physics front. Did you see the new trailer? It raised my eyebrow in terms of the story and setting; and I've played the first Crysis to death and can fully admit that the story is terrible so that's saying something.

based on that, U2, KZ2, GOW III are VERY MUCH ahead of it visually.. which is why I am not buying CVG or that other very low known site's impressions.

mM