By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is awesome!!

So I recently picked up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for my PS3 and I am loving it right now.  The graphics are astounding.  The music is beautiful.  The story and voice acting is pretty entertaining.  If you have a PS3, this is at least worth a rental.  I admit it probably is not everyone's cup of tea.  What surprises me is that it hasn't sold a lot.  Here is a description for those who don't know about it:

The Drake's Fortune subtitle is a reference to the famous explorer Sir Francis Drake and his fictional treasure stowed away on the island. In the game, players assume the role of Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter who alleges to be the descendant of the famed privateer.  It has been confirmed that Drake's Fortune is the first game in the Uncharted series. 

Uncharted's gameplay is a blend between a 3D platform game and a third-person shooter. The player controls Nathan Drake. The gameplay involves using Nathan's skills to solve puzzles, which includes jumping gaps, climbing walls, and swinging from ropes. Nathan is seen from a third person view, and the camera moves over his shoulder when Nathan pulls out his gun. 

Here is a little video of it in action:

So who's played this?  Enjoying it as much as me?  Who wants it?  Who doesn't like it?  Do tell =] 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

I can't afford it right now. :(   Naughty Dog are some of my favorite developers, and I've been anticipating Uncharted for months, but SMG took top priority.

I'll get that and maybe R&C after Christmas with the myriad of Best Buy gift cards I'll inevitably get.

i really dont want it. I hated Gears of War so.. even though the demo was 1000 times better then gear... still not interested. I hate 3rd person shooters but Gunz: The Duels for the PC.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I have heard nothing but good things about this game. Here's hoping it's a success.

Day one purchase for me. I have to wait for European launch though. As far as demo goes I'm very impressed. Main character is really player friendly. Not another superhero, just average guy. Cut scenes are well made, voice acting is brilliant. Ingame graphics is really really nice and everything works smooth. Naughty dog really set the bar for new games. One of best looking games for PS3 (R&C, Uncharted, UT3 - best trio out there). 

One of most interesting and fun features of this game is extremely responsive control system. Game is extremely dynamic thanks to  full control over character. Every single action you can execute with easy.  Great cover system. Pretty challenging AI. I think opinion of OP that Uncharted is at least worth a rental is very harsh. Game is worth every single cent. 

Around the Network

The demo was so boring.Hopefully the game itself isn't.

Quality for Life

I got it! (wow I didn't Id be the only one).

I picked it up and am really liking it. I haven't played much b/c it's splitting time with Ratchet, Rock Band, and rounds of Halo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I have beat the game twice already. The first time through on hard took 11 hours, and was a great experiance. The second time through I played on crushing and in mirrior mode, took a little extra time looking for the last treasers, and it clocked in at about 13 hours. This is buy far the best game I have played this year. Only God of War 2 and Bioshock are even close to being in the same catagory. My favorite thing about this game is how it just flows perfectly. The mix between gun play, platfroming, and exploration was spot on, and the cut scence are timed very well, appearing just on time and they are never to long. Nate Drake is a very easy to love charictor, and he fits nicly into gameplay. I can not quite playing this game, because it feels so good. My favorite level is the U-Boat level. Climbing up to the top of the cliff and looking out throug the waterfall, into the trees, and backdrop, with amazing HDR smacking you in the face, it is a truley gratifiying expecaince. I would have to say it is easly my Favorite PS3 game so far, even after playing Ratchet which is a great game.

I would give this game a 9.7/10. The only lagging part of the game was the puzzles, which could have been a little more epic, but mabye I have just been to spoiled by God of War. In any case I am now egerly awaiting the sequal.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

ive only played it a little it was a good game

I've got the demo and I love it! Never thought I would love a game like this! Great sound, wonderful atmosphere, absolutely perfect voice actings. Normally I don't like US voices in games that much, but crap, the voice of Natan is so amazing! I'm only not very good in the gameplay at the moment *lol*. I most definitely will be buying this game.

Don't you think Natan looks kinda like Jason Rubin?

I've got one bad thing I'm experiencing, low frame rate issues in the US demo, have more people experienced this? I've also seen this in the beginning of R&C Future and I hope its not my console . At the moment I'm using Composite until I have HDMI, maybe that's the problem.

By the way, my JP PS3 adapts to the games.. no blood in Uncharted and a freaking black eyebrowed in poison-green-ugly color suit Ratchet, like in the JP version and I own the US game *grrr*.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo