By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do we ignore the DS?

lol...you guys are right.

I guess part of what it is is that I'm always looking for games with my gf and she likes those hamesterz/nintendogs/harvest moon style games (and every sims known to mankind) so my impression of the ds is a bit casual shaded/jaded.

I own AC, Metroid, Zelda, NSMB, Chibi Robo, and we just got Trauma Center.

But I think the other problem is that I'm having so much fun with teh Wii that there isn't much gaming time left.

I'm a big fan of the GBA Castlevania games so I should probably get Aria of Sorrow. I guess I was just hoping for some TV support for the DS by now so I wouldn't have to be hunched over to play...lol.

Around the Network

How much gameplay is there in Phoenix Wright...it looks more like a story than a game.

Yes, try one at a time. It is a non-interactive text heavy game. The intelligent humor and interesting story line make up for that. If you like Paper Mario there is a good chance you will like this one.
My favorite quote of the game is like this:
PW - examines something and talk about water or something being wet (I do not remember)
Maya - Hey Nick, did you know that water is made of two molecules of Nitrogen and one of oxygen?
PW - Actually, it is 2 molecules of hydrogen and one oxygen.
Maya - ... Well that one is also a valid theory.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

super_etecoon said:
How much gameplay is there in Phoenix Wright...it looks more like a story than a game.

20 + hours game. It is more of reading than playing. You have to use your brain to find contradictions into people testimonies. For example, the autopsy tells you that the victim died at 1 pm from blood loss and the weapon was a sword. The witness says that he saw your client stab him 45 minutes after lunch (12:00). You show him the autopsy and they change their testimony. Then witness say he was confused but clearly saw your client stab the victim with a knife. You show the sword and the trial goes on.

There is also some segments between the trials where you look for more evidence. Even being text heavy the game is very exciting. One time I played for 10 hours in a row. It gets really tense near the end of the cases.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:

It really doesn't matter. The games are recommended by naznatips and ItsaMii.

How do you like Metroid Prime Hunters?

I never finished it.  For some reason I just stopped playing it.  I don't know what I had going on at the time.  It could have been one of the big bargain bin runs I did on the last legs of the Gamecube.  I'm much more of a console gamer than a handheld gamer (I didn't get a Gameboy until I was 25) so if I have a good console game it gets the love.  And since the Wii has been around the only DS game I have played all the way through is Chibi Robo: Park Patrol.  I got Zelda the week before that but I'm still at the beginning.  

Maybe if I didn't spend so much time on VGChartz I could finish a few games...lol.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:

It really doesn't matter. The games are recommended by naznatips and ItsaMii.

How do you like Metroid Prime Hunters?

I never finished it. For some reason I just stopped playing it. I don't know what I had going on at the time. It could have been one of the big bargain bin runs I did on the last legs of the Gamecube. I'm much more of a console gamer than a handheld gamer (I didn't get a Gameboy until I was 25) so if I have a good console game it gets the love. And since the Wii has been around the only DS game I have played all the way through is Chibi Robo: Park Patrol. I got Zelda the week before that but I'm still at the beginning.

Maybe if I didn't spend so much time on VGChartz I could finish a few games...lol.

Well, it's not worth finishing anyway. It's a bad Metroid, although a good FPS. Hunters is the 3rd worst game I own for the DS and that's saying something considering that I own Kimmunicator and Global Gemini.

I spend too much time on VGChartz as well. Sometimes I really regret it, but sometimes it's really a lot of fun to read through the threads and post some jokes. Hoho.

Well I made it to the ice boss and I just didn't think the DS lent itself well to the Retro styled Metroid world.  I wish they had just done a remake of Super Metroid like they did with the original Metroid.  Or better yet...see my sig.

And as far as jokes go....have you seen It's a Mii's thread lately?  What the heck happened there?   lol. 

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:

Well I made it to the ice boss and I just didn't think the DS lent itself well to the Retro styled Metroid world. I wish they had just done a remake of Super Metroid like they did with the original Metroid. Or better yet...see my sig.

And as far as jokes go....have you seen It's a Mii's thread lately? What the heck happened there? lol.

I would have liked to see another 2D Metroid on the DS as well, if possible with Metroid II Return of Samus on the same DS card.

Strange things happen on this forum lately. Not sure what you mean regards to ItsaMii's thread. The original post and the replies or the derailed discussion? Anyway, both things were funny to read.

lol...stange things indeed.

I just spent the last 10 minutes researching why someone got banned.  And then I saw that there were like 10 people banned today.  The mods must be exhausted. 

Sorry for derailing your topic FishyJoe. The DS has this effect on people.

Cause Handhelds suck with their little screens... and they steal all the good SRPGS.

I hate them so.

Handhelds are a different class.

But the DS shows that something different can succeed.

The PSP was supposed to defeat it easily with its catering to more hardcore players and its movie playing abilities. It turns out that the movies didn't sell and the games had their limitations.

Meanwhile, the DS starting coming out with more varied and interesting software at a lower, mass market price.

Mike from Morgantown.

(Now only if Intellivision Lives for DS would get published).

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV