By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do we ignore the DS?

Let's face it, the DS is the real king of the world. It outsells everything else both in hardware and software just about every week. It's the fastest selling system of all time, but all people talk about is Wii/PS3/360. It's going to be the best selling sytem this holiday season, yet hardly a mention. Even in Sony dominated countries, it's not uncommon for the DS to be the best seller.

Doesn't the DS deserve more discussion? 

Around the Network

There's no parity. It's a given that the DS sells like hotcakes and that the PSP will always play second fiddle, so there's not that much to get worked up about.

I agree. DS needs more credit. I would dare say that DS library is much better than all the home consoles right now (not combined).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

How's that for a unanimous response?

Yes i think it does fishyjoe. People say the ps2 is the most successful thing ever and it is but the ds will beat it, no doubt.

Has the DS even had a pricecut yet?

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
I agree. DS needs more credit. I would dare say that DS library is much better than all the home consoles right now (not combined).
Give me your top 10....I own a DS...two in fact, and I have a hard time finding games I like for it.

@super etecoon

I know im not itsamii but i could easily name 20 ds games i like and love

in no particuler order:

animal crossing, mario kart, NSMB, M64ds, metroid, wario touched, zelda, phoenix wright, brain training, club games, advanced wars, meteos, hotel dusk, FF3, yoshi island 2, elite beat agents, sonic rush, trauma centre, nintendogs, tetris, pokemon, mario and luigi, picross.

I could go on!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

super_etecoon said:
ItsaMii said:
Give me your top 10....I own a DS...two in fact, and I have a hard time finding games I like for it.

Castlevania AOS

Phoenix Wright (3 games)

Mario Kart (great to play with friends and online)

New Super Mario (it is better than sex for us retro gamers)

Zelda PH

Elite Beat Agents

Nanostray (good for arcade fans, but too easy) 

Trauma Center (if you do not have the Wii version)

TMNT (one of the only good TMNT games in a decade)

Wario Ware

Hotel Dusk

and also

Nintendogs/Animal Crossing - for your GF

Brain age for mom and University

Trace Memory (if you like adventures)

Izuna (rogue game)

These are only games that I have played that are much  more. 

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Rol, have you not played Phoenix Wright games?
They are my favorites for the DS.

Satan said:

Import it for the love of god. It is like avoiding Super Metroid or Zelda LttP. If you buy new to help developers then +50 for you. I only buy used and rent, because I could eat for 2 weeks with the money they charge for a game in my country.

Satan said: