By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS3 game in the making to help fight piracy on the DS

wut?

Hyper Dimension Game Neptune: An RPG on consoles, starring consoles

Hyper Dimension Game Neptune, a new PS3 RPG revealed in Famitsu magazine, puts players in the role of a personified video game console in the fight against piracy. Neptune is a fictional video game console turned into a girl, on a quest to defeat the "Goddess Majicon" -- "Majicon" being the Japanese term for DS flash carts like the R4.

The concept calls to mind not only the "Console-tan" or "OS-tan" meme, in which computer operating systems and video game consoles are drawn as anime-style girls, but also Sega's utterly bizarre Dreamcast game Segagaga, in which Sega characters live and work at Sega -- a game that ends with a battle against flying Sega consoles. It's worth noting that "Neptune" was also the name of a proposed Genesis/32X console.

Around the Network

Day fuckin 1.... This is why I looove Niche companies, so creative

Absolutely awesome.

Do want.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Absolutely awesome.

Do want.

dude...isnt that a amazing concept? I mean seriously the concept alone secures a spot on my shelf for this game

Sounds batshit insane. Sign me up.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Wow. Definitely getting this ASAP.

Sounds funny.

Funny for an internet meme but sounds it would get boring within five minutes in a videogame.

Wow sounds epic.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

damn just reading that and i feel like i'm tripping ballz no way this is real lol interesting none the less