By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - why the playstation move is better than natal *questions answered*

^ it was an interview...and yes, the human race is doomed!!!111one

Around the Network

natal can detect depth...

so if the best sony can bring up as to how their product is better is to make flat out lies then they are in trouble

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Why its better than Natal? Simple answer is that Sony tells us so. We believe everything that Sony says, all their tech speak/jargon and nonsense makes them very credible because they sound very impressive.

It seems that Sony still doesn't understand why the Wii delivered their face through their butt. Oh and I'll have to wait and see on Move anyway because either Sony lack the vision and turned an epic headstart into an epic failure and made their first impression at E3 last year look uninspired or they lack the vision and were forced to copy Wiimote to catch up. Either way doesn't sound inspired to me, so I question whether they have it in them to actually make compelling game experiences unique to their Move.

Tease.

Of all the things it took to convince this guy, he was sold when he was told the light could turn red when you're low on health?

fordy said:
Of all the things it took to convince this guy, he was sold when he was told the light could turn red when you're low on health?

Umm. . . did you see the guy? I'm pretty sure he gets distracted by a nice chrome bumper on a car for a good half hour or so.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

so if the best sony can bring up as to how their product is better is to make flat out lies then they are in trouble

That sure was lined with acid... other people have said here that Natal can't detect depth, and you haven't shown evidence to the contrary...

I survived the Apocalyps3

Squilliam said:
Why its better than Natal? Simple answer is that Sony tells us so. We believe everything that Sony says, all their tech speak/jargon and nonsense makes them very credible because they sound very impressive.

It seems that Sony still doesn't understand why the Wii delivered their face through their butt. Oh and I'll have to wait and see on Move anyway because either Sony lack the vision and turned an epic headstart into an epic failure and made their first impression at E3 last year look uninspired or they lack the vision and were forced to copy Wiimote to catch up. Either way doesn't sound inspired to me, so I question whether they have it in them to actually make compelling game experiences unique to their Move.

If they didn't understand that, Move wouldn't probably exist. :P

For the most part they aren't making the game experiences, a line-up of third party developers are.

Personally, I don't care if it's just the Wii with better tracking. To me it's just a Wii in my PS3 for a cheaper price than the Wii.

kowhoho said:
MrBubbles said:

That sure was lined with acid... other people have said here that Natal can't detect depth, and you haven't shown evidence to the contrary...

only one individual in the thread stated that and he was repeating the video.  so why dont you go find some videos with proof that shows natal cant do depth...because all you have atm is a sony marketing guys word.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
kowhoho said:
MrBubbles said:

only one individual in the thread stated that and he was repeating the video.  so why dont you go find some videos with proof that shows natal cant do depth...because all you have atm is a sony marketing guys word.

I can't prove the point either way any more than this thread has. I was simply trying to say that nobody can tell whether any of us are speaking truths if no proof is given.

kowhoho said:
Squilliam said:

If they didn't understand that, Move wouldn't probably exist. :P

For the most part they aren't making the game experiences, a line-up of third party developers are.

Personally, I don't care if it's just the Wii with better tracking. To me it's just a Wii in my PS3 for a cheaper price than the Wii.

They have shown 0 understanding of why the Wii was successful, they haven't published a new 10M+ selling I.P since the PS1 and they need a bunch of them to beat the Wii. The games they have shown thus far aren't up to snuff, many would be called shovelware on the Wii.

If they aren't making the game experiences then its even worse. It took big name developers like Miyamoto to make the Wii a success and they have joe average making Move games? How is that competitive.

A Wii without Nintendo games is a pretty poor Wii, you really want to make that trade?

Tease.