By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal: An EyeToy rip off?

I was just wondering. What is NATAL really but an improved Eye Toy?

What exactly is new and revolutionary about it? It's the same idea.

I know that there has been enthusiasm in the (mainstream) media but

why does Sony fail to point out that they basically did it before?

Around the Network

not this crap again

The Eyetoy wasn't worth ripping off.

Tease.

Business works like that, and I don't think that Sony wants to annoy anyone by accusing them of copying. We haven't seen Natal yet and it could do more than we think.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

IT'S NOT A FUCKING EYE-TOY.

Truth be told, we still don't know the full functionality. E3 will either set it apart from other camera tech or show that is in line with it. I have an extremely hard time believing MS would release just an eye-toy.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network
Nik24 said:

why does Sony fail to point out that they basically did it before?

I guess because if Natal turns out to be something worth owning, Sony will look pretty stupid for having blown the opportunity to beat Microsoft to the punch and would prefer not to draw attention to that fact.

radishhead said:
Business works like that, and I don't think that Sony wants to annoy anyone by accusing them of copying. We haven't seen Natal yet and it could do more than we think.

We have seen natal at e3..

mM

The 2 are basically cameras I suppose, but everyone nicks ideas off each-other in the video game industry (just look at PS Move).  MS is making some pretty bold claims about Natal, and if they're true, then it could be quite good.

The dude abides   

Sony accusing someone of copying really would take the biscuit !

There are already a few threads on this topic.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o