By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - And I thought Gamespot's FE review was bad.

My issue with the too hard or too easy is that it's usually a syllogism. They're not being consistent with the word hard. When it's too easy, it's hardness related to a hardcore gamer. When it's too hard, it's hardness related to a casual gamer. This makes their standards literally impossible to please. You will never find a game that is both challenging to hardcore gamers and easily accessible to casual gamers without multiple difficulty levels. Even when a game has these, it apparently isn't enough because games like MP3, TC, and FE have multiple levels of difficulty that would seemingly work for both hardcore and casual.

Around the Network

i never used to like 1up,and still dont

Yeah IGN's are the only reviews I read anymore, their scores can be a little inflated sometimes but the actual content of their review is always the best and most detailed.

What bothers me is that most review sites cut Wii games' scores for being "too easy, simplistic and casual". Then a very enjoyable and hard game appears and what happens? Apparently the same!

I thought the satisfaction of mastering a surgery after the 4th try was fun in the DS one. Those bonus guilt missions were tough though, as was the final boss.The final boss mission I did at least 30 times, and One of the bonus guilt missions took me 14 times >.>

Around the Network
tarheel91 said:
My issue with the too hard or too easy is that it's usually a syllogism. They're not being consistent with the word hard. When it's too easy, it's hardness related to a hardcore gamer. When it's too hard, it's hardness related to a casual gamer. This makes their standards literally impossible to please. You will never find a game that is both challenging to hardcore gamers and easily accessible to casual gamers without multiple difficulty levels. Even when a game has these, it apparently isn't enough because games like MP3, TC, and FE have multiple levels of difficulty that would seemingly work for both hardcore and casual.

Gold. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

are the trauma center games any good? i want to try em sometime

hahahaha, i don't trust them, but i do trust Atlus, they pwn

Games with online multiplayer are way too hard. There's always someone better than me and I'm not guaranteed to win every time. Every game with online multiplayer should be marked down, because players might have to try to win.