By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Whos gonna sell the most on this Black Friday weekend?

Oh definetly Wii. It's shipping more than PS3 and 360 and will sell them all.

I mean just cause the Wii is in shortages doesn't mean that it's not selling at collosal rates. It's in shortages cause its shipping what would be considered a good amount but the demand outstrips it. ANd with shipments increasing for this weekend and still selling out it'd be hard to think it wasn't Wii going to be on top.

Around the Network
eugene said:
20k a week is about what mario party sells every week. Those kind of games dont sell front loaded but rather consistently for long periods of time. scene it is selling properly. VP PA is an example of a bomb

Let's compare the launches of Mario Party 8 and SceneIt!, mkay?

Mario Party 8
SceneIt! 
  Launch sales
1) 309,705
2) 164,453
3) 107,853
 Launch sales
1) 282,003
2) 145,254
3) 110,129

Launch sales
1) 20,137
2) 22,755

Sorry, I really don't think SceneIt! is any Mario Party 8.  I mean, yes, Mario Party's currently doing about 35k a week in America, slightly less than what SceneIt! has ammassed in its first two weeks combined, but it was released in July!  It's seven months old and still owning SceneIt! thoroughly.  That comparison was so bad I actually felt bad for you.

Based on rumors, Wii. Stores supposedly have kepts some in the back JUST for black Friday, and unlike the 360 or PS3, consumers have no guarantee that they'll still be around next week. They'll snap 'em up on sight.

The real question then is what happens by the end of the holiday season, once Wii supplies run out (if they do). Does the 360 or PS3 sell enough to surpass it?

I still believe that Scene it will be a surprise sleeper hit for Microsoft.

eugene said:

Are you serious or are you yet another one of the people wanting to get in on the latest sarcasm/joking fad?

Around the Network

Didnt Viva pinata launch at 14k and its almost at a million now? Scene it is awesome! The whole family can have fun playing it. Old people, young people, boys and girls. Its gonna be a hit!

actually, I just looked, Viva Pinata launched at 10k

misterd said:
Based on rumors, Wii. Stores supposedly have kepts some in the back JUST for black Friday, and unlike the 360 or PS3, consumers have no guarantee that they'll still be around next week. They'll snap 'em up on sight.

The real question then is what happens by the end of the holiday season, once Wii supplies run out (if they do). Does the 360 or PS3 sell enough to surpass it?

Rumor confirmed. Gamestop, Target, Walmart, and Best Buy all did this.

Currently playing: Civ 6

I worked at EB today (my first day). Every five minutes someone else was asking if we had a Wii in stock of course we had sold out in the first ten minutes of the day.

As far as X-box we eventually sold out of both the Premium and Elite, however, we only had about 10-20 of those total. By the time I left at 3pm, we had plenty of Halo 3 editions and Arcade SKUs.

We still had 3 PS3 when I left.

Other things we sold out of:
Guitar Hero 3 (All systems) PS2 took the longest to sell out.
DDR Wii & PS2
Nintendogs DS Bundles
Zelda Trifoce DS Bundles
Red and Black DS
Pink DS

eugene said:

It could.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!