By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS really excited about THQ Natal title.

Make a good game THQ, impress us.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=241195

Microsoft announced its big E3 Natal event this month. Is THQ going to be front and center there?

Let me put it this way: they want us to be. That's really good.

I have a game that they're really excited about that we haven't announced. It's making awesome use of the Natal technology. I won't put it in there unless it's awesome on that date. It will be awesome in the fall, but if it's not awesome for that event, I'm not putting it in there.

That's the only thing I'm slowing down on that because in rebuilding THQ everything's got to be awesome. We're in an uphill battle from a company that didn't used to be that way.

The product is great, it's really cool. It'll be there if it's ready, let me just put it that way. I believe it'll be there if it's ready; they want to see it really bad.

Do you think this first wave of Natal and Move games are going to do the business, are will it take a few years before we see the tech used properly?

Well obviously - and you've probably seen this in your whole life in gaming - the first stuff is always the first struggle with new technology or new code or software. Iteration is the magic of the business, right?

So you're right. It's inevitable that the stuff will get better and better over time. But remember, I'm the hardcore games group so I have one really awesome Natal project. Our other group has a bunch in the more family and kids area - because that's what a lot of that is.

Should be interesting to see what devs are cooking up for this thing.

Hope it's as good as they say.

mai said:
disolitude said:
Natal needs to have solid 3rd party support to get some traction...so this is good news.

Well, taking into account THQ track record there's nothing to be hyped about.

Agreed, they're doing better recently but I usually equate THQ to crappy wrestling games and 50cent

It's so easy to downplay this announcement right Sony fans? After all, it's not an announcement for THQ's development on a Move title, that's awesome enough to be spotlighted at E3 for Sony...*sigh*

Typical downplaying.

OT: I'm extremely hopeful for Natal, and interested to see what this title is. Hopefully it'll set the tone of how to handle Natal for hardcore titles.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Hopefully THQ makes a AAA game and hopefully theres a fanbase to buy it when its released!!

Around the Network
AlkamistStar said:

It's so easy to downplay this announcement right Sony fans? After all, it's not an announcement for THQ's development on a Move title, that's awesome enough to be spotlighted at E3 for Sony...*sigh*

Typical downplaying.

OT: I'm extremely hopeful for Natal, and interested to see what this title is. Hopefully it'll set the tone of how to handle Natal for hardcore titles.

Why is it hard to accept lots of people think THQ are mediocre developers? Besides the N64 WWF games only thing I bought from them I liked was Darksiders.

Red steel 3

CASS1DY said:
Red steel 3

... Red Steel is Ubisoft