By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many times have you been Rick Rolled?

I wish these mods would rick roll with him....lol

Around the Network

Yeah...it's old.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Once a long time ago...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

once by donwii's sig. this wasn't just ANY rick roll though.
you'll have to see for yourselves.

rickroll with mods that suck ass

Around the Network

I was actually present on the site that started Rick Roll when it first happened, but I missed the particular legendary thread. ;__;

Remember when the GTA4 site had the week or two long countdown to the new trailer, and how the entire internet collapsed when it reached zero? Like every other discussion board in existance, the /v/(ideo games) board of 4chan was filled with people begging for a working mirror. Finally a certain helpful Anonymous posted a link, claiming he had uploaded it on YouTube, but it turned out to be Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. This proved to be such a traumatic experience for so many, that it quickly spread all over the internets, causing all kinds of lulz and anti-lulz.

The name comes from Duck Roll, an earlier meme that tricked people through an elaborate maze of links to look at an image of a duck on wheels. Barrel roll is totally different. It's from Peppy Hare's amazingly annoying tendency to repeat "Do a barrel roll! To do a barrel roll, press Z or R twice!" in a certain Star Fox game, and is more of a YTMND meme anyway.

And yeah, it's been done dozens of times to me.

Wojtas said:
o yeah what's with this rick roll around here? A new snazzy way to make fun of people?

It's pretty old.  It's been popular since summer on bigger sites.  I've never been rick rolled to date and am quite proud of that feat.

about 4 times...........
danm don wii!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

twice....and yeah Don Wii was one.

btw montana, thanks...i haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate factory in ages.
james and the giant peach was on recently though.

At least being Rick Rolled is way better than being Rolstopp Rolled...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)