By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales in Uk down 82% week 2....

Just looked at that link dio posted from the dates given for the sales charts, it is unclear WHEN those numbers occurred date of post 3/04. the date of foreign country sales weeks ending 3/25, 3/25 and 3/18 respectively while i think those numbers may be for the week ended 4/1 it is unclear. if the ps3 sold ~30k this week, the wii and 360 sold 24k and 15k respectively, then we most likely have an average week's sales for britain for the 2 consoles... until we see the next several weeks results, we do not know where the overall ps3 sales average is going to fall. my gut feeling is it'll end up being around the 360 15k number, maybe higher, maybe lower...

Around the Network

Some companies are trying to help,

Happy Easter, says WH Smiths to a generally unappreciative British population rapidly losing interest in buying Sony’s PlayStation 3 ‘mega computer game digital entertainment centre’. Have £25 off the recommended retail price, says the high street’s favourite newsagent.

MCV reports earlier that WH Smith has become the first high street PS3 stockist to significantly cut the price point of the machine, selling the console for £399.99.

Till said:
CrazzyMan said:

Sony send ~220k to UK, and Sold around 175k, and this week sold 30k.

So 175+30k = 215k

Some solid math there

Now go talk to your average English person and ask them if there is stock of PS3 available in stores.

Ohh no not this.... This reminds me of the american launch where in my area PS3's were sold out for like two months while somebody in rural america had like 20 in stock. People were using there stories to reflect the entire nation.

But even as such... were people expecting the PS3 to sell another 165,000?

And nintendo_fanboy, I bought a PS3 game weeks in advance of me getting a PS3. I do not think that software sales always highlight peoples purchasing habits.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Could the reason why the PS3 isn't selling so well the next week be because no one is being bribed with free tv's?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

ohh low blow lol. That would make sense if the people who recieved the TV's knew they were going to get them before hand..... all reports say they didn't know.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network
staticneuron said:

And nintendo_fanboy, I bought a PS3 game weeks in advance of me getting a PS3. I do not think that software sales always highlight peoples purchasing habits.

that sounds like a bad excuse to me. i don't think that the majority of germans bought import games and waited till the console launched in germany to play them on it. and there was no other way to get games before launch, because there were no games available before launch in germany. i think it will be very interesting to follow the software sales in germany and the attach rate.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
staticneuron said:

that sounds like a bad excuse to me. i don't think that the majority of germans bought import games and waited till the console launched in germany to play them on it. and there was no other way to get games before launch, because there were no games available before launch in germany. i think it will be very interesting to follow the software sales in germany and the attach rate.

Might be just me but I thought he was talking about people buying software now intending to buy the PS3 later.  I know I bought a few Wii games before I got the Wii itself 'cause it was so hard to find, though that is kinda different.

I don't think so, because of my last post. A german site stated that there were 60k ps3 sold on the launch weekend, but only 48k of games. so if he meant it the way you understand it, things would look even worse for sony.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
staticneuron said:

I am sorry I cannot find the link but I was under the impression that germany and various other countries in europe recieved games 1 week or more before launch.

EDIT: and aren't there blu ray players that are cheaper than the PS3 in europe? 

Ok guys, I just wanna laugh at you guys.

First off.

Japan is a MUCH bigger market than the UK.

Second.

First 5 weeks in Japan - 249,000
First 2 weeks in the UK - 194,700

If sales keep up at 20,000 for the next 3 weeks... UK will be selling more units than ***JAPAN***.

This is not counting the other 70% of europe.

NDS sold average of  31,875 units a week in UK last year.

If 27,000 is bad. NDS is selling bad as well.

I would expect the PS3 sales to drop to around 20,000/week.

This sounds like ***GREAT*** info to me. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!