By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 20 "Must Have" Games for PS3 (April 2010)

impressive list to be honest but it was soo predictable that uncharted 2 was gonna be number 1 :P

Around the Network

Interesting =)

I think, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and Yakuza 3 are GODgames for everybody gamer.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Marco said:
Interesting =)

I think, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and Yakuza 3 are GODgames for everybody gamer.

God of War 3 and Heavy Rain. Definitely not Yakuza 3. lol. Yakuza 3 is a niche JRPG game that does not even sell outside of Japan.

these kind of lists are always subjective and up for debates but i find myself agreeing with most of them....except for RE5(i would place it way lower) and i believe there are better shooters out there than MW2, including COD4

There are 6 games I never played (Bayonetta, Fifa 10, Tekken 6, FFXIII, DS, RE5)

From those I suppose FFXIII and Bayonetta can stay.

From the games I did play there are 7 games I don't think are that great.

I would remove Flower, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Burnout Paradise and R&C

Then I'll add in Call of Duty 4, Street Fighter 4, Oblivion, Bioshock, GTA IV, The Orange Box, Valkyria Chronicles, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Infamous

Personally I'd add Motorstorm Pacific Rift too.

Around the Network

@non gravity

yea i forgot about MS:PR

that one at least should have been in honorable mentions.

Ghazi4 said:
impressive list to be honest but it was soo predictable that uncharted 2 was gonna be number 1 :P

hehe,,thanks and what can u do about U2 being predictable.it deserves it

SpartanFX said:
so no one is opposed to heavy rain above MGS4?? :p

I am; I love both games alot but MGS4 is superior in my eyes. I wouldn't have included Fifa or Burnout, and as much as I enjoyed Heavenly Sword its debatable as to whether or not it's a top 20 PS3 game. If any sports game had to be included it should be NHL10, it's fantastic; but its pointless as it will just be replaced by NHL11 later in the year (most likely, unless they pull a madden and fuck everything up). 

As people have said, LBP really should be higher. I'd have put it top 10 definitely. RE5 doesn't belong in there, it's a shooter with pretty good gameplay poorly disguised as a resident evil game to help sell more copies. Borderlands, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance 1/2, InFamous and the PixelJunk games (bar Racer) are all more deserving of a spot. 

Personally I felt COD4 was better than COD6; COD6 was the perfect sequel to appease the mindless fanboys, but really the story was preposterous and the online is just a frustrating mess. Saying that, its obvious why you put MW2 in over the original so I can't really complain, though KZ2 should have been higher than it. 

And for those who say Yakuza 3 should be in, I agree; but only for the fantastic Karaoke, I was laughing so hard I could barely finish the song. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I highly recommend you play Dead Space. The game is too good and would easily find a space in that top 20.

OK List now here is mine:
20. Warhawk
19. Call Of Duty: World At War
18. Haze
17. Ratchet And Clank Future: Tools Os Destruction
16. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
15. MLB 10: The Show
14. Ratchet And Clank Future: A Crack In Time
13. Resistance: Fall Of Man
12. Batman: Arkham Asylum
11. MAG
10. White Knight Chronicles