By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Modern Warfare 2 hit 10 million on the PS3?

I don't think it will be as fast as 32 weeks from now but I do think it will happen

Around the Network
sabee6 said:
Fufinu said:

What it has going for it - 7.44 million copies sold, consistent 80k weekly sales for the past weeks. It has not yet had a budget release in any region and stores have not discounted its price. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1

No store has discounted the price eh? lol

Ok you got me on that one.

Probably I should have said something like my store hasn't discounted it yet :)

MontanaHatchet said:
hasanwhy said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I think it will, and I'll be really happy when it does. Seriously, I don't usually post this way, but I think a lot of you hate the game just because it's not a PS3 exclusive. Get over it. Most PS3 owners obviously don't care if a game is exclusive or not. And Modern Warfare 2 is set to become the highest selling 360 game as well. Just accept that it's an incredibly popular game. It's definitely well deserved.

I don't think PS3 owners hate on the game for being incredible and having great legs. For myself, I'm annoyed by the fact that none of the exclusives on the PS3 have gotten those kind of sales, but a mulitplatform game has. Games such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted 2 definitely should be getting those kind of numbers; They deserve those kind of sales.  

Why does it matter if it's an exclusive or not? Shouldn't you just be happy that any game on the PS3 will sell 10 million? The PS3 has come a long way from the doom and gloom of 2007.

Don't know about others but for myself I hate this game because they took away dedicated server for the PC which amongst others, stopped me from buying it. I instead kept my money and hope on Bad Company 2 which paid off well.

This of course has nothing to do with the Playstation version but you can officially call me a bitter fanboy after giving Activision my hard earned money for Cod4 and WaW...

As for the 10 million mark? Easily. Even Cod4 perform really well during last Christmas and its still doing 5k a week atm. MW2 will sail pass 9 million by the years end at the very least and achieve 10 million sooner rather than later.