By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony's illegal business practice!!!!!!!

Why do people always try point out the law in cases like this. Do people honestly think big corporations like Sony don't go to there Lawyers about this sort of thing.

Around the Network

when they go to their lawyers they ask how much this could cost them in lawsuits, and weigh that against how much they think it is worth, if they feel its worth more than it costs they will do it. Just because they are a corporation does not mean they follow the letter of the law

i actually never remember other os support being advertised, just an addon that was kinda there
so ur complaint is null and void

WRONG, You guys really need to get over this, its over with said and done, Sony made a smart move. Everybody needs to deal. For some reason people are thinking there owed something, things change, and things can change at any givin time. You act like they took away Bluray play back, PS3 is a gaming console, that playes DVDs, Blurays, and does many other great things, They gave the opction to install another operating system, now there taking it away because of security issues, its the right thing to do.

I don't see an issue with the removing this feature. Use a damn PC, they are better. :D

Around the Network

I know right,some people are just funny

Who cares about other OS ppl. Get a computer and stop botching at something that doesn't matter to 99.9% of the ps3 user base

see guys, what you don't understand is the reason sony spends millions on lawyers is so that when things like this happen, they'll get sued by all the lil ppl (who apparently have self-proclaimed law degrees) who have the patience to type up a whole wall of text making bad points lol

Feylic said:
I find it really funny how all these random people think they discovered some amazing legal issue that Sony somehow didn't think of...

This. Is 100% what people fail to understand.

PSN ID: KingFate_

chuchy said:
Who cares about other OS ppl. Get a computer and stop botching at something that doesn't matter to 99.9% of the ps3 user base

Funny some of the 360 fanbase often use that phrase regarding internet browser support too, I guess all the Sony camp would be happy for that to be removed in a future update too.  Then they may as well remove the Netflix to increase Bluray sales potential, perhaps Iplayer too.  Some of you guys are so hypocritical its hilarious.

@Joeorc - You may have had a point but I stopped reading when you started using dictionary quotes to offset the fact this is forcing you to choose either gaming or Other OS.  This isn't even remotely a debate you'll ever win no matter if you copy and paste the enture Oxford English dictionary on here.  I'm not going to attempt to talk further though as its impossible to be civil with some of the users in this thread and its not worth getting a ban for them, yourself and a few others excepted of course.