By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fact: PS3 fanboys are the worst

Ok i had the xbox 360 for 3 years, traded it when i saw uncharted 2 on an hdtv.....have been thrilled ever since.. The tech behind the ps3 is just better, and down the road you will see the difference between the two systems is far greater than you thought..

Thats my story.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network
JerzeeBalla said:
Man, go somewhere with this garbage. So destructoid thinks PS3 fanboys are the worst. Ok. So if Kotaku writes an article tomorrow saying 360 fanboys are the worst, is that a fact then?

Besides, all 3 consoles have their share of horrible fanboys. What about the 360 fanboys who dont want the ME trilogy to come to the PS3? Or the PS3 fanboys who boycotted FFXIII since it went to 360? What about the Wii fanboys who hope every big budget HD game falls flat on its face? Their is pathetic behavior all around, for you to turn away from most of it and single out a fraction of it says a lot about you.

Well, if they can prove it like this Destructoid article. Than yes, it may be a fact. And did you read the whole article? I don't think so.

From the Article:

Do you ever remember a 360 game being completely overshadowed by fanboy hype and review rage? I certainly don't

lulz

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

20happyballs said:
SickleSigh said:
All fanboys are bad, you're the worst for thinking you being a fanboy is somehow better because you're not a Sony fanboy. Sony fans have a lot to be defensive about as well. Think about it.

No, your wrong. I am not a fanboy. In fact, I love my PS3 and its games along with my other 2 consoles. I, however, get incredibly annoyed by PS3 fanboys. Not just by their abundance, but because of their blatant ignorance. They like to cause a lot of trouble. And, I admit, it's fun to mess around with them because of how predictable they are.

Underlined: This is a trait applicable to all fanboys.  Hence why they are fanboys.  Going after certain fanboys solely because of the console they support is fanboyish in and of itself, and it's something that'll piss off regular fans of the console in addition to the fanboys.

Bolded:  So you admit you made this thread just to cause trouble?  Because that's all messing with fanboys can do.  It's something called trolling, and it is most definitely against the rules.

As others have said, this article has been posted numerous times already.  There is no need for it to be posted again, especially not in the tone you used.

20happyballs said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Man, go somewhere with this garbage. So destructoid thinks PS3 fanboys are the worst. Ok. So if Kotaku writes an article tomorrow saying 360 fanboys are the worst, is that a fact then?

Besides, all 3 consoles have their share of horrible fanboys. What about the 360 fanboys who dont want the ME trilogy to come to the PS3? Or the PS3 fanboys who boycotted FFXIII since it went to 360? What about the Wii fanboys who hope every big budget HD game falls flat on its face? Their is pathetic behavior all around, for you to turn away from most of it and single out a fraction of it says a lot about you.

Well, if they can prove it like this Destructoid article. Than yes, it may be a fact. And did you read the whole article? I don't think so.

Dont care what you think. FACT is, its their OPINION that PS3 fanboys are the worst. You agree, cool. But that doesnt make it a fact. For every point they make, I can find something equally as childish from another camp.

They bring up KZ2 and the backlash over reviews, but that happens with ALL MAJOR EXCLUSIVES THIS GEN. Twilight Princess has one of the most famous cases this gen with its infamous 8.8 score.

The DMC petition was childish, and obviously meant nothing since it still sold well on PS3. Same with FFXIII.

They bring up Prototype vs Infamous, and as a person who posts on a few forums, I did notice a lot of 360 supporters hyping Prototype to high heaven and almost adopting it as an exclusive. PS3 fans mentioned Infamous, and it was "BUT WE GOT PROTOTPE AND ITS BETTER!" And when someone like myself would point out I could play both on my PS3, that response was met with ridicule as if Prototype wasnt on the PS3 or something.

Then they say all PS3 owners are either rich spoiled kids or poor people who spent everything they had on one. Lets not forget the small penises part. Yeah, real factual.

You call that article factual, I call it the work of someone who is clearly agitated about how he is viewed in the gaming world. 

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Around the Network
20happyballs said:
JerzeeBalla said:

lol stop using the word fact 20happyballs. it doesn't make it fact just because he gave some anecdotes of what has happened in the past. he said ps3 fanboys are the worst. good/bad is probably the most subjective concept ever so obviously it can only be his opinion.

secondly, he's stating his opinion on a general community which no matter how you look at it, will lead to a general statement about a group of ppl. so therefore there's no basis for comparison btwn a so-called ps3 fanboy, xbox fanboy or ninty fanboy. like other ppl have mentioned, as did the author of the article (having a mind blank here and dun feel like checking lol) the stupidity, the arrogance and the ignorance comes from all directions. and one is not any better than the other.