By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you use OtherOS and do you care that it's gone?

Do you use OtherOS and do you care that it's gone?

Yes, im lost without it. 6 8.70%

Yes, but i can live without it. 6 8.70%

No, don't care 36 52.17%

No, but sony are ^$%^@ ^$... 21 30.43%

Total:69

Pretty simple really.  There has been a mixed bag of reactions regarding Sony's decision to remove otheros support.  This poll is to see what users on this site feel about the decision made by sony in percentages.  I hope everyone votes, and votes honestly so we can see.

I'm expecting a higher than average percentage of people on here would use OtherOS compared to the general PS3 population, but i still imagine it would have to be rather small.

Please everyone with a PS3 vote!!!

Around the Network

I know this is not on topic but if you guys didnt update your PS3 yet just follow this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vto8ojKeRcE

You get to keep other OS and not have to update. You dont have to download or install anything. I did it and i am playing MAG right now!!!

Wtf? April fools? i don't understand how changing to a custom DNS is going to solve anything.

i couldnt care less about OS support. However if they somehow removed my PS2 support from my phat then there would be only chaos! :P

eggs2see said:
Wtf? April fools? i don't understand how changing to a custom DNS is going to solve anything.

Its not April Fools. Trust me. Im not exactly sure how this works but all i know is that it does work.

Around the Network

No, but a close friend of mine's dad bought an extra PS3 JUST for the Other OS option.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Never Used it or Cared about it.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I never had the chance to use it, but I am VERY sad it's gone.

PSN ID: KingFate_

For who uses ps3 as media center it should be essential, but since i just use it for gaming i really don't care, i downloaded and installed the 3.21 update knowing everything it was going to do whitout regreting. Other OS was an open door to hackers, but if sony don't "destroy" CFW consoles piracy will take over. If you install a CFW and try to connect online your PS3 is infected with a virus and YLOD itself, and put this virus in every single game sold in BD.

i couldn't care less about the install other OS feature but i did get an idea in my head. i'm going to be internet-less at home in about 2 weeks anyways and not get it back for a month or two. since obviously i won't be able to sign onto psn anyways i'm just not going to update at the moment. that way if geohot really does anything i can potentially sell my current ps3 for enough cash to upgrade to a ps3 slim. xD