By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up posts a questionable list.

assassins creed is better than they are.

mM
Around the Network

I was in LOVE with Rhinoa! ha ha I wanted a girl just like her! ha ha Best story ever in a game , but the game play was mind numbing. And you HAD to draw to power up the junction system! Horrible

LIke I said, FF 8 was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played and to me the absolute best. Final Fantasy 7 to me was far far inferior. FF 9 was good except for the art direction. It was hard to take the mother goose art stye seriously and was wrong for a final fantasy game. You were talking to walrus people, horse people and the hero zidane looked like a muppet and had a tale

eugene said:
I was in LOVE with Rhinoa! ha ha I wanted a girl just like her! ha ha Best story ever in a game , but the game play was mind numbing. And you HAD to draw to power up the junction system! Horrible

I was not in love with Rhinoa lol but I always hoped Squall and Selphie would end like a couple don't ask me why.

(IN black) I don't know if I knew that.

I loved the art of FFIX though.

I own/owned so many of these games! What stuns me the most about this list is how many games won editor's choice or 9/9.5 out of 10 in EGM (1up's newstand counterpart). I enjoyed most of the games on the list, but are the list makers trying to tell us NOT to trust their ratings?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
but are the list makers trying to tell us NOT to trust their ratings?

1up:

We came up with this list of ten turkeys -- games that just didn't live up to their incredible hype. These aren't necessarily bad games -- in fact, most of these are quite good. It's just that, for whatever reason, they fell short of expectations. So after you're done stuffing your fat faces full of food, chew on these!

My biggest turkeys in no particular order

1. Knights of the Old Republic (so boring)
2. killzone (halo killer it wasnt)
3. Grand Theft Auto 3
4. Perfect Dark Zero (bought a 360 just to play it)
5. Final Fantasy 12
6. Kingdom Hearts 2 (its just a button smashing beat em up)
7. Final Fantasy X-2 (Where do I start?)

You are right about these games not being turkey, but I agree that most of them are over rated shit. FF8, MGS 2 and Fable were epic failures for me. After hearing from everyone how these games were a gifts from God, I had high expectations. They were not even average games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

eugene said:
My biggest turkeys in no particular order

1. Knights of the Old Republic (so boring)
2. killzone (halo killer it wasnt)
3. Grand Theft Auto 3
4. Perfect Dark Zero (bought a 360 just to play it)
5. Final Fantasy 12
6. Kingdom Hearts 2 (its just a button smashing beat em up)
7. Final Fantasy X-2 (Where do I start?)

I agree with everyhing else but GTA 3..Serious? Wow I don't know anyone who didn't liked it =/. If you said GTA VICE CITY or SAN ANDREAS I WOULD UNDERSTAND IT THOUGH.

Assassin's Creed?!?!?