By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I finally beat Galaxy

answers in Blue.

FightingGameGuy said:

I got 120 stars in nearly exactly 20 hours.

For me, the game was too easy and I would have liked more open-ended, non-linear sections. I'm doing Luigi now, but I'm not really motivated since the game is still too fresh in my mind, and just having a character who's harder to control isn't enough of a difference to make it interesting for me : (.
The Luigi cosmic comet races are different as well, he takes a different and faster route...however i agree there isn't that much difference, save him for later when you feel like coming back to the game, i just liked it so much that i wanted to go again anyway.
....and to some it is easy but to some it is hard (read other posters comments) it cannot please everyone.

I really hate the fact that half the Hidden Stars are simply bride luma's for a new path. I think the hidden stars were meant to please people like me who like to explore yet still make it so one can't get lost since the game tells you the path you have to choose in order to undertake earning the hidden star. Nonetheless, I feel like I was cheated out of half of the implementation of great idea to satisfy the explorer/discoverer inside me. What's hidden about bribing a Luma? I like exploring a lot myself, but this is a platformer, not an adventure or an RPG...platforming is not really about exploring, which is mainly why i am usually not keen on platformers unless they are to such a high standard as this.

There's other tidbits of hidden 1-up mushrooms to find, and there are of course challenging 1-up mushrooms to get during many of the already more difficult sections (presumably to help make you never get game-over), but you can't feel as much satisfaction getting these since they won't even save : (.
There are too many mushrooms i thought, i wouldn't want them saving, at least until doing the later levels with Luigi....though even then i didn't have a Game Over. (down to 2 at one point...despite taking the ones from the post mushroom)

Overall, the game was still incredibly fun, and a the new mechanics were extremely enjoyable. Many of the level designs were extremely entertaining the pacing of the constantly introducing new enemies, obstactles, power-ups, gravity interactions, and the like was excellent.

@Camera control complaint: you can almost always look in first person after coming to a complete stop by pressing D-pad Up. It works even if you can't actually swing the camera.
Almost always yes...However if anyone reading this was complaining about underwater cameras not behaving, try pressing C ...always works for me.

I found a trick by accident that makes beating Kamek (I always thought Kamek was male ...) really easily: Look at the color the wand sparks before she shoots (green is turtleshell, red, fire).  You can grab a turtle shell out of the Green shot by spin attacking when it gets near you.  It doesn't even need to have actually turned into a shell first.I thought you were meant to do that? how else would you beat her (Kamella)?

Helios said:

As for Galaxy's most difficult stars... The Sinking Lava Spire Daredevil Run, Luigi's Purple Coins, A Very Sticky Situation, Buldergeist Daredevil Run and Battlestation's Purple Coins were the ones that stood out to me.
I definately agree, though once you crack Luigis coins it is quite easy to do again....Battlestations purple coins had me dieing/failing almost as much with Luigi as with Mario even though i knew the route....Sinking lava spire was more of a scare tactic "difficulty" i thought...if you are careful early on and calm but swift on the spire it is quite easy to not get hurt....the lava spire coins is more difficult i thought, because you spend more time near the hot air spouts...and i never seem to notice them. (i can't remember which one "sticky situation" is?)

I didn't like the Trial Galaxies; I recon the most 'difficult' levels in a platformer should be platforming goodness. Oh well, there's always the Bowser levels...
I liked the difficulty of the rolling ball trial....and the bubble trial is very fun i think...however i am not keen on Manta Ray swimming...best bit about that level was being able to fly around it after you finish.
I wouldn't have said they were the most difficult, not by far...were they meant to be?

-------------------

Leo-J said: WTF? I never said I had a brother.
Yes you did, i would find the thread in your post history but it would take too long.

--------------------

@Grandmaster....what exactly are you waiting for?...this is a platformer, the only thing you wait for is the next thing to jump on.... Which good stuff are you refering to? the end storyline?

@Rol and Bacon. YAY i have 242 as well, i liked that last level...though i wanted to visit the inside of the castle....The most difficult thing about that level was figuring out where it was from the observatory (did ithave an icon?) i spent 10 minutes looking through each small observatory and went into the Gate a couple of times looking for it (i thought it was going to be a level like the luma left behind in the end sequence) Nice family photo style pictures for the message board though:)