By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nomura: FF V XIII NOCTIS IS GAY

The statement is reminiscent of Marvel. They made Wasp Asian to be more realistic.

Only that probably wasn't a joke.

It'd be sweet if this was the case... though I doubt it.

I mean, it's not in weirdly translated broken english.

Around the Network

Probably an april fools since awhile ago he was depicted as more of a player. But funny if it were true...that would explain him and his friends why they look so close loll jk

letsdance said:
I don't think he'd do this in a world filled with homophobes

I agree. I think it would be something different. To me it doesn't matter what character I am playing it is a GAME. 

April Fools.

I know article is a fake. But in the event he does make him gay, FF would become a dead franchise to me. FF has always been about story, I don't want no Homo stuff in my story.

Around the Network

Way ahead of you, Nomura. Most westerners have been calling him gay for years now... along with most of the other FF characters.

Seriously though, this would be really interesting and potentially amazing if true -- depending on how he is actually portrayed within the game, of course. Bioware already (just recently) let you romance characters of either gender in one of their games, and it's made a lot of gay gamers really happy. Actually making a big mainstream game about a main character who is gay, however, is on a whole other level -- then you're actually asking straight gamers to identify with a gay hero, as well.

g-value said:
April Fools.

If they referenced it I wouldn't mind playing a gay character just as long as

A. The character isn't the real limp wrist/gay lisp/gossip/flamboyant gay men... They are just annoying and I'd get annoyed real fast if I had to watch it and pay attention to it for the story.

and

B. There isnt a romantic story... seriously hetero scenes are already bad in games making a scene male on male would just make it awkward too.

Also... this is a VERY bad april fools joke. I get the point...

"Ha ha homophobes will be pissed."

But it misses the side effect... namely gay people will think "Awesome, finally a character that represents my lifestyle in a main character role" only to have their hopes dashed.

@OP ...thread title? what? FF 5? final fantasy 5____13? what?

^ V = Versus

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY