By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBox 360s for 111 Euros (incl taxes) at Media Markt in NL

I just noticed the pricing of arcade units have dropped down to 111 Euro including 19% salestax (not a money back promotion deal like back in 2008) at Media Markt in the Netherlands. They were selling very slowly I was told, but sales may pickup now. 111 Euros seems like a good deal now that console failures seems to be under control and especially if you don't care too much for having a HD, online gaming/Wi-Fi or other extras.

The XBox 360 is now selling 58 Euros cheaper than the cheapest Nintendo Wii at the store and is closing in on PS2 entry pricing! Meanwhile the PS3 is sold out again at Media Markt Groningen...

They have a lot of arcade units in stock here at this local Media Markt superstore.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:

I just noticed the pricing of arcade units have dropped down to 111 Euro including 19% salestax (not a money back promotion deal like back in 2008) at Media Markt in the Netherlands. They were selling very slowly I was told, but sales may pickup now. 111 Euros seems like a good deal now that console failures seems to be under control and especially if you don't care too much for having a HD, online gaming/Wi-Fi or other extras.

The XBox 360 is now selling 58 Euros cheaper than the cheapest Nintendo Wii at the store and is closing in on PS2 entry pricing! Meanwhile the PS3 is sold out again at Media Markt Groningen...

They have a lot of arcade units in stock here at this local Media Markt superstore.

Seriously, MikeB.  Do you ever NOT stealth troll the 360?

1. "they were selling slowly I was told" - possibly the only true and not trolling thing stated

2. "now that console failures seems to be under control" - they have been since late 2008

3. "especially if you don't care too much for having a HDD, online gaming/wi-fi or other extras." - blatantly obvious that time.

Also, enough of your personal anecdotal evidence.  The PS3 Slim has been back in stock at my local Walmart with full cabinets for the last 2 weeks and the 360 elites are always sold out but you don't see me making a thread about it.

nightsurge said:
MikeB said:

Seriously, MikeB.  Do you ever NOT stealth troll the 360?

1. "they were selling slowly I was told" - possibly the only true and not trolling thing stated

2. "now that console failures seems to be under control" - they have been since late 2008

3. "especially if you don't care too much for having a HDD, online gaming/wi-fi or other extras." - blatantly obvious that time.

Also, enough of your personal anecdotal evidence.  The PS3 Slim has been back in stock at my local Walmart with full cabinets for the last 2 weeks and the 360 elites are always sold out but you don't see me making a thread about it.

Not only that but you dont need a HDD to play online.

Hello nightsurge,

> they have been since late 2008

Maybe, I don't know for how long failures have been within industry standards. Even at this point I am not sure about that, but it's cheap enough to not matter that much.

> "especially if you don't care too much for having a HDD, online gaming/wi-fi or other extras." - blatantly obvious that time.

The peripherals are expensive.

> The PS3 Slim has been back in stock at my local Walmart with full cabinets for the last 2
> weeks and the 360 elites are always sold out but you don't see me making a thread about it.

The PS3 here was sold out for a couple of weeks, then came some Heavy Rain bundles which sold out quickly. Recently the PS3 was back in stock with God of War 3 bundles and even plenty of cheap 120 GB PS3 standalone units. Now the PS3 is sold out again...

So, I don't think the shortages are complete over.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
Hello nightsurge,

> they have been since late 2008

Maybe, I don't know for how long failures have been within industry standards. Even at this point I am not sure about that, but it's cheap enough to not matter that much.

You don't even have proof to the alternative either.  PS3 failures were never within industry standards, either until maybe recently.  It just took longer for YLOD to affect units and it has been kept quiet with Sony not admitting it is as widespread as it is.  At least MS offers a 3 year warranty even on new Jasper units which from personal experience run so very quiet and cool its amazing!

> "especially if you don't care too much for having a HDD, online gaming/wi-fi or other extras." - blatantly obvious that time.

The peripherals are expensive.

You can use your own USB drives starting next week (no cost since most people have them).  There has always been other alternatives to the MS wifi as well.  Wired Ethernet is better anyways, though.  Let's also not forget that the peripherals are not necessary for everyone.

Around the Network

@ Garnett

I didn't say that, but some may still want to have a HD inside the 360 regardless.

I just wanted to say that this seems like a good price, the 360 has plenty of worthy cheaply priced games available. So may be interesting to people short on cash.

XBox 360s for under 100 Euros in the future doesn't seem unlikely.

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ nightsurge

You don't even have proof to the alternative either.

The evidence was actually overwhelming, but let's not get there. In any case European dealer warranty laws are quite good and extensive, if my launch PS3 does fail at some point I can still approach the dealer (in this case Media Markt) for some kind of settlement.

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

Sweet, now you should go buy one. 

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

@ darklich13

Sweet, now you should go buy one.

I am working 50-65 hours a week, so the PS3 games I am interested in at this point are plenty for me. And the 360 does not suit my current living room setup. Pricing isn't much of a factor for me personally.

PS3 vs 360 sales

I just want to say that Mediamarkt Groningen isn't a good reference for the entire Netherlands... Mediamarkt stores always have local price cuts on products and special offers.. they don't apply on the entire country.. like in the Saturn in tilburg (same company as mediamarkt) the xbox arcade is 139 http://www.saturn.nl/aanbiedingen/store_flash/175/index.php3

And last saturday plenty of ps3's in the Mediamarkt Amsterdam and Eindhoven..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)