By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie Rep: "PS3 is an option" O_O

For a bit more context, here's what Jarrard actually said... it's not exactly "PS3 is an option", but it's easy to see how an ever-hopeful platform warrior could read that into it (ditto for "Wii is an option")....

Industry Gamers: I don't remember if it was you or a Bungie colleague, but in an interview recently it was mentioned that Bungie would consider PS3 support. Since you're independent you obviously don't have to stick with Microsoft – you can work on PS3, Wii, you can do anything, so of the platforms that are out there, do you have any interest? Are you interested in the Wii in terms of interface and its extremely different user base than the Xbox that you've been targeting with Halo all these years? Are you looking to take a very different direction with what it is you're doing or is it more hardcore still? 

Brian Jarrard: I don't know if I would classify it as a hardcore focus. Definitely, we're not looking to make the next version of Wii Fit. I don't think that fits with our studio's philosophies, but we do want to make games that aren't limited to just a small segment of super-hardcore gamers. Hopefully they have something about them that's appealing and interesting to a wide variety of people: people that love great stories, people that love action/adventure... these are the kind of things that, throughout every Bungie game has been a pillar.

In terms of platform, I know these things are all still pending topics in the studio. It hasn't gotten to the point where we're unable to do great work and we're moving forward. Things are definitely coming together though. We definitely have plans in the works, and I think we're really close to understanding of what is next and who, what, when, where, that's all going to land. But we're not looking at one particular piece of technology right now. All options are open right now, so long as we find the best possible fit for our creative vision and what this project is going to be.

Around the Network

Insomniac and Bungie announce a merger and go multiplat, bringing a new franchise to the FPS genre seeking to knock CoD off its might perch: Resist Halo.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

silicon said:
Friction: MS wants them to keep pounding out Halo games... their artists are probably burned out and want to work on something different.

imo.

^THIS!

imo, I don't care, Halo belongs on Xbox, Halos team belongs with M$.

Couldn't care less.

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

well if they want to make a mulriplat title its upto them. but it wont be halo.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

i just don't really see there being much to make of this comment. bungie left MS because they wanted independence so to see them making statements that reaffirm their independence shouldn't be surprising. insomniac makes very simular statements themselves and you don't see them moving to other platforms.

i fully expect all bungie games in the near future being exclusive to MS.

Around the Network

Didn't bungie take the naughty dog tour to learn some PS3 techniques?

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Prev. posts by Pipedream and JS are very interesting. Sounds like M$ have a franchise dev. like nfl players and maybe Bungie think they can take some marketshare from UE3 etc. Keeping 'it' covered anyway.

I'd like to see Bungie bring their vision and expertise to a new IP. They devd the Halo Universe they can do another. Maybe non-Tokienesque fantasy or the expansion of a different space-faring species? I'm about Haloed out and I think Reach may be my last first-person game.

Their just saying that so Microsoft throws more money at them

your title is incorrect. and before you say it... no, that is not the same title as blog you got this from. adding your punctuation has changed it. he was paraphrasing the rep and you are making a claim that he specifically mentioned the ps3 like that.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

markers said:
This is nothing. 2nd party developers praise other machines all the time. Unless Microsoft is really burning them with halo after halo Bungie will stick to one machine and that is Microsofts

THIS. well said man.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^