By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Breath taking Lost Odyssey footage! OMG!

Urgh. It looks like the combat will be a really slow-paced slog. I with the attack animations were quicker - it really looks like you'll have to sit through a lot of attack animations waiting until you can do something again. Dragon Quest VIII was one of the worst about this last gen. I can't even play the game anymore, the combat is so slow, especially when it comes to loading those animations.

Around the Network

Lost, i dont care what you think i like. you dont know me or my taste in rpgs so quit acting like u do. Most people have said theyre disappointed and just because you feel the need to wear this game on your sleeve your ridiculing others for not liking it as much as you do. Ok maybe my 300k lifetime sales was a little low ill give you that if you think this game is gonna break a million id beg to differ.

Serious - we all wish for a real, meaty Phantasy Star sequel. Unfortunately, V hasn't happened, and it's 13 years waiting for a "real" sequel.

However, for me, Mass Effect "feels" like a fantasy star in some sick way. The citadel reminds me of the main colony in the Ghurall system in PSU. The tone is dark like in PS2 (the best Phantasy Star).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Wow this game is gonna be AWESOME BTW i laugh at all you jaded gamers. And you call your self gamers tsk tsk

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

ok the songs ok, it's not AS bad as people here are saying

But it is NOWHERE i mean NOWHERE near Eyes On Me or Melodies Of Life..

in that way even that part is disappointing, you make a cheesy song, at least make it up to par with the ones you made previously

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
dabaus513 said:
Lost, i dont care what you think i like. you dont know me or my taste in rpgs so quit acting like u do. Most people have said theyre disappointed and just because you feel the need to wear this game on your sleeve your ridiculing others for not liking it as much as you do. Ok maybe my 300k lifetime sales was a little low ill give you that if you think this game is gonna break a million id beg to differ.

What you stated made it seem otherwise, ive yet to hear of a good thing come from your mouth about it.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

NOTHING impressive.
BUT old good final fantasy. =)
probably a must play, but characters looks pretty lame.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Wow, a lot of elements look so familiar!

For example:
- the battle music
- the train
- the big guy
- the dead? woman
- the sword limit breaks ?
- the magic effects
- the monsters and infernal machines

Is this Hironibus handwriting, what do you think ?
I could easily mistake this for another Final Fantasy sequel.

Even if this game doesn't end up in the 90's, (there aren't many games nowadays),
it might end up as a solid title for the x360 lineup.

It looks more mature than final fantasy. Its not dealing with troubled teens and cute Rikku type girls. It looks more sad, and dark than FF.

Lost tears of Kain said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I am disappointed in this trailer. Nothing looks new or exciting about the game and I'm sure we just watched about 1/6th of its cutscenes.

It supposed to have either 1 hour of FMV and 6 hours of in game (alot of those were in game) or 20 hours according to sakaguchi who knows whos right.

I hate FMV, but I love in-game stuff.

I saw a lot of FMV in that video and a lot of battle animations; it seemed like they loved to reuse the charging animations over and over and over.

The real bottom line is that I don't see it innovating much within the genre.