By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Breath taking Lost Odyssey footage! OMG!

But why hate?? If yall dont like it fine, but is it trash? NO! Lots of hard work from very talented people was put into it. As for graphics, its running on the Unreal engine 3. So its not dated. Real time graphics look almost as good as CGI. Is it a old school looking? Maybe, thats cause the developers are people who worked on the original final fantasy games from the very first one 20 years ago. I think it will be a hit. Defintely worth $60 for me.

Around the Network

Ahhh there it is again, the reason i'm buying a 360 early next year.

Hardly breathtaking.

Unlike some people in this thread I do like the graphics and I think the story and setting may be interesting but the generic turn based combat is what disappoints me. It's what I hate most about recent RPGs. They take all of their creativity and pour it into everything except for what matters most to me...gameplay. Seeing all this promising stuff but then remidned of the near-decrepit, uninspired combat is just so disappointing. It's not a game breaker but it still feels like a cop-out.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

eugene said:
But why hate?? If yall dont like it fine, but is it trash? NO! Lots of hard work from very talented people was put into it. As for graphics, its running on the Unreal engine 3. So its not dated. Real time graphics look almost as good as CGI. Is it a old school looking? Maybe, thats cause the developers are people who worked on the original final fantasy games from the very first one 20 years ago. I think it will be a hit. Defintely worth $60 for me.

Actually, I know what you mean about the "hate." It's sort of lopsided in this thread because this board has a really bad habit of piling on certain games. It reminds me of the SO4 thread which somehow magically got derailed into an SO3 bashfest full of whiny little bitches.

Or look at everyone's favorite, Final Fantasy XII. You can't mention Final Fantasy withotu the thread being hijacked and devolving into an anti-FFXII Orgy of Doom™ with the same people predictably doing the same exact bitching about FFXII every. Single. Day. We get the point, FFXII raped your parents and killed your family. SHUT UP ALREADY.

Whoops, getting carried away there.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

that is def. no t breathtaking. way to hype. it looks good, tho. however, the song sucked haha

Around the Network

Lets just wait to see how the actual game is. I remember when no one wanted to try/play Blue Dragon because it was traditional, and wound up trumping alot of people's wildest dreams.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Lost tears wtf? I was/am? stoked for this game and i dont need someone ive never met tell me that im not. Ill have you know the ff series is my favorite of all time so i figured id fall in love with this game, but as i said the more i see the more dissapointed i become it. Im disapointed with the features of the battles system, or lack thereof. (Wheres muh summons be?) And based off the comments alot of other people are disapointed with the battle system too. With games like ff13 on the horizon that will "reinvent the wheel" of jrpg combat, its expected that a formula 10+ years old with nothing new to add will get under some of our skin. Another complaint i have, but can live with, is how fugly the characters are. And no, nobou does not always have a cheesy songs in ff. Maybe in ff8 the eyes on me but hey, at least it was good.
So get off your high horse. I was probaly just as stoked as you at one point for this game  but i dont wear it on my sleeve like you do (with your name and pics, etc.) Im disappointed it if you dont like it tough shit.

Da Baus 

I am disappointed in this trailer.  Nothing looks new or exciting about the game and I'm sure we just watched about 1/6th of its cutscenes.

Looks great to me. Yes there is competition on the horizon but Im sure the Xbox 360 RPG fanbase will love this game. I do have high hopes for it, since I did enjoy Blue Dragon ALOT.

I do understand that people have their opinions, and alot of people just dont like certain types of games which is understandable. But seriously some Sony folks really just seem to turn their noses up at anything without a fucking Sony logo on it. I wonder if their "opinions" would be completely different if this was a PS3 exclusive.

I mean you have people who claim they dont like the 360 because they "dont like first person shooters and thats all it has", but will blow a load over Killzone news. And Im sure screenshots of LO will bring up criticisms about its turned based combat, and "the graphics arent THAT great" but will salivate over FF footage thats pretty much the same thing.

Whatever. 

And Leo-j.  What the F does this have to do with anything.

"Yea and the ps3 will sell more than the wii world wide this holiday season."

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Oh yah one thing I didnt like about that trailer was that terrible song. I hope the actual games music does not sound like that

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )