By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS announcement “clashes” with DSi XL, says analyst

When they show the 3DS on E3, they want to have positive reactions from the Nintendo fans.
Not angry reactions from fans, who just bought the DS XL a couple of months earlier.
Positive hype = priceless

Around the Network

From my view, best to reveal it now and keep people from buying the XL (which I don't think was going to do spectacular anyway), rather than get 10 million people to buy it and then piss them all off by revealing the 3DS shortly afterwards.

Besides, I think the DSXL serves a purpose that the 3DS won't quite fulfill. It allows older people with bigger hands and maybe worse vision to play it. Like the Gameboy Micro and original DS, I think XL and 3DS can coexist well, at least for a time, because they cover somewhat different markets.

No, Nintendo isn't stepping on any toes. Since DSiXL is for older or people with some sight imparement I suspect that the 3DS is something that won't be appealing for that market.

So are the analysts not understanding the Consumer market +1 more to the ever growing score.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.