By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario party 8 has just become the best selling mario party title ever!

kirby007 said:
is this game not 2 slow and long for online play?

Not if the players' turns are timed and the online games only have about 10 to 15 turns per game.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

You can trust Nintendo to milk this franchise, they had a Mario Party game every year on the Gamecube. But yeah, wifi/online play would prove to be a major asset for the next installment.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Wow no Mario Party title has not gone platinum. Impressive seeing that after 3 they weren't any good.

Hopefully MP9 will have online and make it worth my while.

Wow really nice sales for a psrty game ... the DS version has a huuuuge chance to pass that numbers , maybe even pass 5 million if it will have huge legs like NSMB :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

ArtofAngels said:
I always wondered why Mario Party series is creeping on the total Final Fantasy main series when FF started with it's first one, in what late 80's?

Its hardly that bad.  Mario Party just finished its 8th iteration while FF is on its 13th.  and MP goes all the way back to the N64 so thats at least 10 yrs ago now.

But its a completely different game anyway, FF typically is a one or two series per generation sorta like how Mario platforms are 1 per generation and zelda is 1 per generation.

Around the Network
Fonzerelli said:
You can trust Nintendo to milk this franchise, they had a Mario Party game every year on the Gamecube. But yeah, wifi/online play would prove to be a major asset for the next installment.

Saying it's milking it is such a ignorant way of looking at it.  If you can make 8 games in 8 years in the same franchise and by the 8th one have it be the best selling one then your not milking the franchise.  Your playing and economically smart card.  I only call it milking a franchise when the sales continously go down into oblivion, something along the lines of Sonic.  

tabsina said:
supermario128 said:
Has anyone else noticed that the first one for a new console sells the best and then they sell less and less each time. Imagine if they just released one great marioparty per generation, sales would probably be around 5 or 6 million.

but what if its a majority of the same people buying the other iterations? that'd mean they obviously wouldn't buy more than one of the exact same iteration if only one was released per generation..

Your right, but some people problably wait for the next one to be released to see if its any better than the last and not everyone buys all the different games, I know I don't.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089