By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else finding The Tester stupid, yet mildly amusing?

I kinda expected it to be a train wreck. Reality shows never hit it with me, and this one is probably one of the worst ideas. But it's growing on me for some reason I don't know why. The challenges are stupid, the participants seem stupid, the idea is stupid, the production values are stupid, and they're all overreacting about things far too much.

But I'm still watching it. One reason would probably be the judges, because some of them are personalities that are interesting (like David Jaffe) and their comments are rather spot on all the time, although the reason for them commenting in the first place is stupid. It's a stupid show all in all. It's like watching a not funny episode of Family Guy. But there's something about it that makes it bearable.. I'm not sure what it is.

Around the Network

Haven't watched it... to me it's like having a reality show to become a data entry person.

Of course in this economy...

I wish I could be on this show. I want to apply so hard.

I actually like it lol

But the contestants are pretty bad though.

theprof00 said:

I'm guessing you've never met anyone who's a game tester.  It's not "I'm going to play the game and look for bugs!"

It's... "I'm given a very specific task and asked to repeat it ALL day."

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/1/25/

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

theprof00 said:

I'm guessing you've never met anyone who's a game tester.  It's not "I'm going to play the game and look for bugs!"

It's... "I'm given a very specific task and asked to repeat it ALL day."

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/1/25/

that's cool with me.

the funny thing is that the things they do there have nothing to do with a real tester, of course it's a show after all :D
I bet even if star loses, she will still get a contract to work for sony :P

the things they do, have absolutely nothing to do with testing games..

mM

the show is stupid but i like it cause a think nausious (the black guy) is hilarious

Fuck

The one chick is cute

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos