By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Blatant Lie (About Other OS)

letsdance said:

Over react much? I don't even have a Ps3 and when I did I knew about the other OS feature and I still dont give a shit. Sony can gut the thing of all multimedia functions for all I care. Except blu-ry though cause then the games (the part I care about) wouldnt work.

Something also tells me you "will never touch SONY products" anyway so they arent losing out anyways

Well that somethign seems to be false. I have one of the 52" Bravias and their Blu-Ray player, since it's better than the PS3 as a multimedia playback device. As well as the PS3 and I have been buying SONY producst since the walkman.

I love the fallacy you make for why it's insignificant though. Just because you are ignorant and don't care, doesn't mean everyone is.

Around the Network
mirgro said:
letsdance said:

Over react much? I don't even have a Ps3 and when I did I knew about the other OS feature and I still dont give a shit. Sony can gut the thing of all multimedia functions for all I care. Except blu-ry though cause then the games (the part I care about) wouldnt work.

Something also tells me you "will never touch SONY products" anyway so they arent losing out anyways

Well that somethign seems to be false. I have one of the 52" Bravias and their Blu-Ray player, since it's better than the PS3 as a multimedia playback device. As well as the PS3 and I have been buying SONY producst since the walkman.

I love the fallacy you make for why it's insignificant though. Just because you are ignorant and don't care, doesn't mean everyone is.

I'm sorry I'm very knowledgeable about my electronic purchases. Just because they remove a feature that you (someone in  most likely under 5 percentile) doesn't mean shit! Did you cry over them removing BC? Oh I'm sure you swore off Sony 3 years ago too huh. But I bet you've bought something Sony since then since you "have been buying SONY producst since the walkman"

letsdance said:
mirgro said:
letsdance said:

I'm sorry I'm very knowledgeable about my electronic purchases. Just because they remove a feature that you (someone in  most likely under 5 percentile) doesn't mean shit! Did you cry over them removing BC? Oh I'm sure you swore off Sony 3 years ago too huh. But I bet you've bought something Sony since then since you "have been buying SONY producst since the walkman"

I actually have an original PS3, and if it does break there is no way I am getting a new one, precisely because of BC.

I have stopped buying any software from SONY itself on anythign other than the PS3 because of the shit they pulled with the rootkits.

You also seem very knowledgeable about me. Mind telling me my SSN as well since I don't have it quite on hand here? But I bet you really just don't know shit about what you are talking about, or have the capacity to be even slightly consequential.

You should be more outraged they removed BC and stop buying any CD-R's or BRD's or PS games! That was a feature more people cared about and got screwed ver with. But your just over reacting anyway.

They also removed 20gb from the Euro models. You should have been huffy and puffy years ago with features that were used everyday but a lot of users. Not now, This is a useless feature that really just takes up space.

letsdance said:
You should be more outraged they removed BC and stop buying any CD-R's or BRD's or PS games! That was a feature more people cared about and got screwed ver with. But your just over reacting anyway.

They also removed 20gb from the Euro models. You should have been huffy and puffy years ago with features that were used everyday but a lot of users. Not now, This is a useless feature that really just takes up space.

Yeah about that. Where on the packaging did the Slims say they had backwards compatability?

Fail false analogy  is fail.

Edit: Extra wordage removed.

Around the Network

So let me get this straight, this whole situation and threads on this website, were started because of a comment a technician on a website about something he claims his supervisor told him. This is what is supposed to hold up in court?

joeorc said:
very oddy. look at how many jumps the ps3 firmware has made.
1.10 -> 1.11 -> 1.30 -> 1.31 -> 1.32 -> 1.50 -> 1.51 -> 1.54 -> 1.60 -> 1.70 -> 1.80 -> 1.81 -> 1.82 -> 1.90 -> 1.92 -> 1.93 -> 1.94 ->2.0 -> 2.01 -> 2.10 -> 2.17 -> 2.20 -> 2.30 -> 2.35 -> 2.36 ->2.40 -> 2.41 -> 2.42 -> 2.43 -> 2.50 -> 2.51 -> 2.52 -> 2.43 -> 2.60 -> 2.70 -> 2.76 -> 2.80 -> 2.90 -> 3.00 -> 3.01 ->3.10 -> 3.15

arent april fools jokes supposed to be joked on april fools?

notice a trend they have never skipped an even firmware update!

1.20  is missing

again we talk about sony telling lies so what most people got a ps3 for bluray films or games can it still do both with the update then the answer is YES.. and dont slag sony customer service off when everybody customer service out there is crap.... i own a xbox 360 and most people i know would say the split is 60/40 in favor of xbox but its cheaply made the drive opens up as though its dying and the whirling of a helicopter landing in my livin room..i,m not a sony fanboy i didnt get a ps2 i had a xbox cause i wanted the best at the time and same with this generation got a ps3 first.......... BLAME George Hotz FOR THE REMOVAL maybe shud have kept his mouth shut until he actually had done what he says hes gonna do which i think will never been done soon (ie run a backup game on a ps3)

mirgro said:
letsdance said:

Yeah about that. Where on the packaging did the Slims say they had backwards compatability?

Lol the spin. My lord....

letsdance said:
mirgro said:
letsdance said:

Lol the spin. My lord....

The only one doing the spinning here is you. You have commited one fallacy after the next, and now you are trying to save face in some way.